Why did Jobs not seize the reins?
为什么乔布斯不抓住这个机会?
Why was he reluctant to grab the job that for two decades he had seemed to desire?
为什么他会不想接受这个20年来他看似很渴望的工作?
When I asked him, he said: We'd just taken Pixar public, and I was happy being CEO there.
当我问他这些问题时,他说:我们刚刚把皮克斯做上市,我很高兴在那儿做CEO。
I never knew of anyone who served as CEO of two public companies, even temporarily, and I wasn't even sure it was legal.
我从未听说过有人同时做两家上市公司的CEO,即使是临时的,我甚至不确定那是否合法。
I didn't know what I wanted to do. I was enjoying spending more time with my family.
我不知道我该怎么做,或我想怎么做。我很喜欢有更多时间跟家人在一起。
I was torn. I knew Apple was a mess, so I wondered:
我左右为难。我知道苹果的情况一团糟,所以我想:
Do I want to give up this nice lifestyle that I have?
我愿意放弃现在这么好的生活方式吗?
What are all the Pixar shareholders going to think?
皮克斯的股东们会怎么想?
I talked to people I respected. I finally called Andy Grove at about eight one Saturday morning -- too early.
我跟一些我尊重的人进行讨论。最后在一个周六的早晨给安迪·格鲁夫打电话--实在太早了。
I gave him the pros and the cons, and in the middle he stopped me and said, "Steve, I don't give a shit about Apple."
我给他列举好处和坏处,说到一半他打断我说:“史蒂夫,我才不在乎苹果会怎么样。”
I was stunned. It was then I realized that I do give a shit about Apple
我愣住了。就是在那个时刻,我认识到我是在乎苹果的,
I started it and it is a good thing to have in the world.
我创建了它,它的存在对世界是件好事。
That was when I decided to go back on a temporary basis to help them hire a CEO.
就是在那个时候,我决定暂时回去帮他们招聘CEO。