The reason why I chose a skull more than anything else is because underneath all our skin is a skull.
我选择颅骨胜过一切的原因是我们所有人的皮肤下面都是颅骨。
It's the universal image to everybody.
这是我们每个人的通用图像。
My name is Butch Locsin, I am a contemporary performance artist here in Los Angeles.
我是布奇·拉科辛,我是洛杉矶的一名当代表演艺术家。
I wear a skull mask and I play with smoke grenades.
我戴着颅骨面具表演烟雾弹。
My work is reflective of the Mexican culture and iconography and artwork.
我的作品反映了墨西哥的文化、意象和艺术。
Maria saw a lot of the photos that I was doing and she wanted to actually collaborate on a project.
玛丽亚看了很多我那时表演的照片, 然后就想和我谈实际的合作。
And integrating her into what I do has been really fun and successful.
把她的创意融入我的作品的过程非常有趣,也很成功。
Maria, to me, has been such a blessing because now the character and the skeleton and colors actually marry to her.
对我来说,玛丽亚就是上天对我的恩赐, 因为现在我作品中的性格,颅骨和颜色和她的创意融合到了一起。
And we've been creating love scenes and stories.
我们创作了关于爱情的场景和故事。
I really like the Day of the Dead holiday.
我真的特别喜欢亡灵节这个节日。
It's not about celebrating someone's death, it's more about celebrating someone's life.
这一天并不是为了庆祝某个人的死亡,而是为了纪念他活着的日子。
My artwork and my performance is kind of little bit of a reflection of that,
我的作品和表演在一定程度上也反映了这一点,
but even though I kind of represent myself as like this Death character,
但即使我表演的的是死亡的角色
you know I'm very much alive.
你知道的,我其实也是个大活人。
What I love about performance art is honestly the rush that I get from working with so many people.
我喜欢表演艺术是因为我喜欢和大家在一起共事的那种忙碌感。
You know it makes me want to go out there and create some more and do something different.
这种感觉让我有种冲动,想出去创造更多, 做一些不同的事情。