I put my hand on my gun, and slowly opened the door wider. I saw nothing.
我手握着枪,慢慢地开门。我什么也没看见。
I carefully picked up a towel from the floor. Nothing. "There must be someone in the bathroom," I thought.
我小心地从地板上捡起一条毛巾。什么也没有。“浴缸里一定有人,”我想。
In one fell swoop, I kicked the shower curtain back. "Don't move!" I shouted.
刹那间,我踢开浴帘。“别动!”我叫道。
Suddenly a little white cat jumped out of the bathtub and scurried between my legs. A cat. I should have known.
突然,一只小白猫从浴缸里跳了出来,跑到我的两腿之间。一只猫。我早该知道的。
"Oh, Jasmine! I forgot about you!" Anne said. The cat looked happy to see her. She took her into the kitchen.
“茉莉!我忘了还有你!”安妮说道。这只猫看似很开心见到她。她将猫带进厨房。
I poked around the rest of the bedroom, and then followed Anne into the kitchen.
我在浴室里看了一下,然后跟着安妮去到厨房。
"Does the cat have any food left in her dish?" I asked.
“猫的盘里还有食物么?”我问道。
"It's almost gone. Poor Jasmine! You must be hungry."
“几乎没了。可怜的茉莉!你一定很饿了吧。”
"Well, Bill and Sarah haven't been gone long, we know that."
“好吧,现在我们知道,比尔和萨拉没走多久。”
I walked over to the telephone answering machine and checked their messages. No one had called.
我走到电话答录机旁边,查看他们的的信息。没人打过电话。