"Don't be silly. You're smarter than most of the students in that class.
“别傻了,你比班上大多数学生都聪明。
You just have to study. Anyway, the truth is,
你只管学习,不管怎样,事实是,
I'm only helping you so you'll help me with my history paper," Sydney said.
我只要帮助你,你会帮助我写历史论文。”西德尼说道。
"Yeah, right," I said. "Okay, let's study for an hour
“是,对的,”我说。“好吧,我们学一个小时。
and then I have to help Uncle Jeff with a new case."
然后我得帮杰夫叔叔处理一个新案子。”
"New case?" Sydney asked. "You mean another murder?"
“新案子?”西德尼问道。“你是说另一起谋杀案?”
"No, it's nothing like that," I said.
“不,不是那样的,”我说。
"One of Uncle Jeff's old friends works for the dean of the psychology department.
杰夫叔叔的一位老朋友在心理系工作,
He has been getting anonymous letters threatening his life.
一直收到匿名恐吓信。
Uncle Jeff's friend, Professor Dunn, was worried and wants him to find out who is sending the letters."
杰夫叔叔的朋友邓恩教授很担心,想让他找出这些信是谁写的。
I gave Sydney a serious look.
我郑重地看着西德尼。
"Of course, everything I'm telling you is a secret and confidential," I said.
“当然,我告诉你的每件事都是机密,”我说。
"You can't tell anyone what I just told you."
“你别把我说的话告诉任何人。”
"Derrick Cruz!" Sydney said, loudly.
“德里克·克鲁兹!”西德尼大声说,
She looked at me with a tight mouth and big eyes.
她紧抿着嘴,瞪着大眼睛看着我。
Even her curly brown hair seemed to get curlier with anger.
她那一头棕色的卷发似乎因愤怒而变得更卷了。
"How long have we been friends?"
“我们做朋友多久了?”