'Did you tell the whole pub, Hagrid?' said Professor McGonagall exasperatedly.
“你有没有告诉整个酒馆的人啊,海格?”麦格教授愤怒地说。
'Do you think Black's still in the area, Minister?' whispered Madam Rosmerta.
“您认为布莱克还在这一带吗,部长?”罗斯默塔女士低声问道。
'I'm sure of it,' said Fudge shortly.
“肯定的。”福吉简短地说。
'You know that the Dementors have searched my pub twice?' said Madam Rosmerta, a slight edge to her voice.
“您知道摄魂怪已经把我的小酒馆搜查了两次吗?”罗斯默塔女士说,声音里有一点点锋芒。
'Scared all my customers away ... it's very bad for business, Minister.'
“把我的顾客都吓跑了……这对做生意很不好,部长。”
'Rosmerta, m'dear, I don't like them any more than you do,' said Fudge uncomfortably.
“罗斯默塔,亲爱的,我和你一样,我也不喜欢它们呀。”福吉不安地说,
'Necessary precaution ... unfortunate, but there you are ... I've just met some of them.
“必要的防备……但你说得对……我刚才还遇到几个。
They're in a fury against Dumbledore — he won't let them inside the castle grounds.'
它们对邓布利多恼火极了——他不让它们走进城堡场地。”
'I should think not,' said Professor McGonagall sharply. 'How are we supposed to teach with those horrors floating around?'
“我认为是不应该让它们进去的,”麦格教授尖锐地说,“这些可怕的东西到处飘浮着,我们怎么教学呀?”
'Hear, hear!' squeaked tiny Professor Flitwick, whose feet were dangling a foot from the ground.
“听啊,听啊!”身材矮小的弗立维教授尖声叫道,他的脚悬在那里,离地足有一英尺。
'We all know what Black's capable of ...'
“都知道布莱克能……”
'Do you know, I still have trouble believing it,' said Madam Rosmerta thoughtfully.
“您知道吗,我仍旧不大能相信这一点,”罗斯默塔女士沉思着说,
'Of all the people to go over to the Dark side, Sirius Black was the last I'd have thought ... I mean, I remember him when he was a boy at Hogwarts.
“在堕落到坏人堆中去的所有人当中,小天狼星布莱克是我最没想到会这样做的人……我的意思是说,我记得他在霍格沃茨还是个孩子的时候,
If you'd told me then what he was going to become, I'd have said you'd had too much mead.'
如果你在那个时候就告诉我,说他会变成什么样子,那我就会说你酒喝多了。”
'You don't know the half of it, Rosmerta,'said Fudge gruffly. 'The worst he did isn't widely known.'
“你对事情真相知道的还不到一半,罗斯默塔。”福吉态度生硬地说,“很少有人知道他做过的最坏的事。”
'The worst?' said Madam Rosmerta, her voice alive with curiosity.
“最坏的?”罗斯默塔女士说,声音里充满了好奇,
'Worse than murdering all those poor people, you mean?'
“您的意思是说,比杀掉那么多可怜的人还要坏吗?”
'I certainly do,'said Fudge.
“当然啦。”福吉说。