OLD TAPES
老旧的录音带
Have your mother made a tape telling you how wonderful you are.
让你的母亲为你录一段声音,夸赞你是多么出色。
I live in the Now.
我活在当下。
Old tapes of my childhood used to run my life.
孩提时听到的大人们的那些声音像老录音带一样常常在我耳边播放。
Most people have about 25,000 hours of parent tapes running through them.
大多数人的耳边都常常回放那些父母留给他们的长达25000小时的老录音带。
Many of these old tapes had a lot of negative messages in them, lots of criticism and “shoulds,shoulds.”
在这些老录音当中有大量的负面信息、批评和“应该,应该”。
Now I am choosing to erase and retape new positive messages.
现在我想删除这些声音,重新录下新的正面的信息。
I listen to my inner thoughts, and when I catch one that makes me feel uncomfortable, I turn it around.
我倾听自己内心的想法,一旦发现有什么让我不舒服的想法,就会选择让它走开。
So, retape the old messages.
因此,洗掉这些老录音,重新录制。
You don’t have to obediently listen to the old stuff.
你不必一味顺从地听着这些老录音。
Just retape.
只要重新录制。
I know I am a capable person.
我知道自己聪明能干。
I know I am worth loving.
我知道自己值得被爱。
I really believe I am worthy of a wonderful life.
我也真的相信自己会有美妙的人生。
I have a purpose in being here.
我的存在有其意义所在。
I have the power to change the tapes.
我有能力改变这些录音带的内容。
Those old, negative messages are not the truth of my Being.
那些陈旧的、负面的信息不是我的真相。