手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 品牌英语听力 > ESL致命信件 > 正文

ESL致命信件(MP3+中英字幕) 第48期:詹妮弗的过往(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

"What kind of photographs?" I asked.

“什么样的照片?”我问。
"They were taken at a party last year," she said.
她说:“这些照片是在去年的一个派对上拍的。”
"I don't know how he got them."
“我不知道他是怎么弄到的。”
"What was in them?" my uncle asked.
“照片上有什么?”杰夫叔叔问道。
"They were photographs of me...using drugs—cocaine," she said.
“照片上有我……使用毒品——可卡因,”她说。
"I don't use drugs anymore, but I don't want anyone else to see those pictures."
“我不再吸毒了,但我不想让任何人看到那些照片。”
"You mean that Alan Maurie was blackmailing you?" Uncle Jeff said to her.
“你是说艾伦·毛里在勒索你?”杰夫叔叔对她说。
"Yes, he has been blackmailing me for money for over three months," she said.
“是的,他已经勒索我三个多月了,”她说。
"Wait a minute," I said. "I can understand why you don't want other people to know you used drugs,
“等一下,”我说。“我能理解你为什么不想让别人知道你吸毒,
but does it really matter? People these days would understand, especially if you don't use them anymore."
但这真的重要吗?你不再使用这些毒品的话,人们会理解你的。
Jennifer didn't say anything.
詹妮弗什么也没说。
Uncle Jeff was looking at her closely. After a few minutes, he said,
杰夫叔叔仔细地看着她,几分钟后,他说道,
"You're Jennifer Brody."
“你是珍妮弗·布罗迪。”
I looked at Jennifer. She nodded.
我看着詹妮弗,她点了点头。
"I don't understand," I said, confused. Then I had a thought.
“我不明白,”我困惑地说。然后我有了一个想法。
"Brody, as in Brody Library?" I asked.
“布罗迪,就是布罗迪图书馆的那个布罗迪?”我问道。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。