She was in the psychology office yesterday afternoon.
昨天下午她在心理系办公室。
We only have her word that she left at 2:30. She may have stayed and met up with the dean.
我们从她口中得知,她在2:30离开,有可能她留下来见过院长。
That's a motive and an opportunity."
有动机,也有机会。”
I shook my head, but I knew he was right. It was possible, just possible that Jennifer was the murderer, but I refused to believe it.
我摇摇头,但我知道他说的是对的,这是有可能的,但我只是不相信詹妮弗有可能是凶手。
"Then there's Clara Dunn," he said.
“还有克拉拉·邓恩,”杰夫叔叔说。
"She had a strong motive. She hated Alan Maurie. He got the job she wanted very badly and he was trying to get her fired.
“她有充分的动机,她恨艾伦·毛里,毛里院长得到了克拉拉梦寐以求的工作,他想把克拉拉解雇。
She also had the perfect opportunity. Her office is next to his.
她也有一个绝好的机会,她的办公室在院长的隔壁。
She could simply wait until the office was empty, and then go in and kill him."
只要等到办公室里空无一人,克拉拉就可以进去杀了院长。”
"But she wouldn't have called you, would she?" I asked.
“可是她不会给你打电话的,不是吗?”我问。
"She wouldn't have stayed in the office."
“她本来不该出现在办公室的。”
"I want to believe Clara, but she is a very smart and clever woman," he said.
“我想相信克拉拉,但她是一个非常智慧和聪明的女人,”他说。
"It's just possible that she's also a very good actor."
“她也可能是一个很好的演员。”
"You mean you think she could have faked her shock, that she was just pretending?" I asked.
“你的意思是,你认为她只是在装模作样,她是在装出震惊的样子?”我问。
"Do you think she's acting now, pretending not to remember what happened?"
“你认为她现在是在演戏,假装不记得发生了什么事吗?”