Another effort set me at liberty, and I stood erect before him.
我再一挣扎便脱了身,在他跟前昂首而立。
"And your will shall decide your destiny," he said.
“你的意志可以决定你的命运,”他说。
"I offer you my hand, my heart, and a share of all my possessions."
“我把我的手,我的心和我的一份财产都献给你。”
"You play a farce, which I merely laugh at."
“你在上演一出闹剧,我不过一笑置之。”
"I ask you to pass through life at my side -- to be my second self, and best earthly companion."
“我请求你在我身边度过余生--成为我的另一半,世上最好的伴侣。”
"For that fate you have already made your choice, and must abide by it."
“那种命运,你已经作出了选择,那就应当坚持到底。”
"Jane, be still a few moments: you are over-excited: I will be still too."
“简,请你平静一会儿,你太激动了,我也会平静下来的。”
A waft of wind came sweeping down the laurel-walk, and trembled through the boughs of the chestnut:
一阵风吹过月桂小径,穿过摇曳着的七叶树枝,
it wandered away -- away -- to an indefinite distance -- it died.
飘走了--走了--到了天涯海角--消失了。
The nightingale's song was then the only voice of the hour: in listening to it, I again wept.
夜莺的歌喉成了这时唯一的声响,听着它我再次哭了起来。
Mr. Rochester sat quiet, looking at me gently and seriously.
罗切斯特先生静静地坐着,和蔼而严肃地瞧着我。
Some time passed before he spoke; he at last said:
过了好一会他才开口。最后他说:
"Come to my side, Jane, and let us explain and understand one another."
“到我身边来,简,让我们解释一下,相互谅解吧。”
"I will never again come to your side: I am torn away now, and cannot return."
“我再也不会回到你身边了,我已经被拉走,不可能回头了。”
"But, Jane, I summon you as my wife: it is you only I intend to marry."
“不过,简,我唤你过来做我的妻子,我要娶的是你。”