Everything that I share in this class is based on very rigorous research.
我在这个课上讲的理论都是经过大量研究证实的
This is one area where it's a hypothesis.
只有这个领域是假设性的
But bear with me and see what you think of it, of this hypothesis when I finish explaining it.
但还是请大家听一下,我讲完后请好好想想这个假设性理论
Because there is some, some research on it, not enough, you know for a stand of approval yet.
因为虽然是有一些相关研究,但是不多,不足以证实其真实性
But think about it. Does it make sense. So let's see what is a peak experience.
但还是请大家想想看它有没有道理,那么,让我们先了解一下什么是高峰体验
Maslow's definition of a peak experience: it's a generalization for the best moments of the human being, for the happiest moments of life,
马斯洛的定义是高峰体验是人类生命中最精彩,最幸福的时刻
for experiences of ecstasy, rapture, bliss, of the greatest joy.
最令人心醉神迷,欣喜若狂,极乐体验的高度浓缩
I found that such experiences came from profound aesthetic experiences such as creative ecstasies, moments of mature love,
我发现,这种体验一般来自于深度美学体验,包括创作时的喜悦,爱情
perfect sexual experiences, parental love, experiences of natural childbirth, and many others.
完美的性体验,为人父母,自然分娩,以及其他的人生体验
Everyone or most of people have the experience, peak experiences again whether it was with your girlfriend boyfriend,
每个人,或是绝大多数人都有这种体验,这种高峰体验,不管是你的男女朋友在一起的时候
whether it was reading a book, whether it was listening to your favourate piece of music.
还是在读一本好书的时候,还是在听你最爱的音乐的时候
Just being one with the experience, it was... um...
这种体验就好象,嗯
Many of theologians talk about as the religious experience,
许多神学家会说宗教体验
as spiritual experience where you just walked through the yard and suddenly felt one — it was a John Harvard.
信仰体验,比如当你走在花园里突然你看到了约翰·哈佛(铜像)
Maybe not. But experience just one with everything.
也许不是他,总之是一种集之大成的体验
This is the experience they talk about in Zen, being connected to the present,
这种体验就是人们所说的禅与现在连接起来
feeling so good so complete like you don't need anything else. Everything is right here.
感觉是如此美好如此完整。好像你已经完满了,拥有了一切