你好啊!
Today on Jonathan Bird's Blue World
在今天的乔纳森·伯德蓝色世界节目中
A surprise visit to a Blue World fan's house!
我们前往收看蓝色世界观众的家中,给他们一个大惊喜!
I got this!
我看到了这个!
Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!
大家好,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
Recently, I got an e-mail from Chris Whitlock, the father one of my biggest fans: Jake Whitlock.
最近,我收到一封来自克里斯·惠特洛克的电子邮件,他是我的超级粉丝杰克·惠特洛克的父亲。
He thought I might be interested in this paper Jake wrote as a homework assignment.
他觉得我可能对杰克写的这篇家庭作业会感兴趣。
It turns out Jake's biggest dream is go scuba diving with Jonathan Bird.
原来杰克最大的梦想是和乔纳森·伯德一起去潜水。
Well, you know sometimes dreams really do come true. Boy do we have a surprise for Jake today!
有时候梦想真的会成真。我们今天会给杰克带去惊喜吗?
But first the production team has to find Jake's house. You would think someone would have brought a GPS!
但首先,制作团队必须找到杰克家的房子。你觉得会有人带GPS!
It's right here.
是这块没错。
You can throw a golf ball across it.
你可以把高尔夫球扔过去。
How can we be lost?
怎么会迷路呢?
With me is Kathryn Apse, a scuba instructor who specializes in certifying younger divers.
和我一起来的是凯瑟琳·艾斯,一个专门为年轻潜水员做认证的潜水教练。
Hopefully he doesn't see us coming. That would ruin the whole thing.
希望他没看到我们会来,不然整件事都砸锅了。
Hey hey!
你好啊!
Hey
你好
Hey Jake
杰克你好
hi
你好
How are you doing man?
你还好吗?
Good! What are you doing here?
好啊!你们怎么来了?
I got this from your dad. This paper that you wrote about scuba diving with some guy name Jonathan Bird.
你爸给我发来这篇文章,写的是你和一个叫乔纳森·伯德的人一起潜水。
Oh my God
老天
Yeah. So here's the thing...
所以,事情是这样的...
He sent that to you?
他给你发了这篇文章?
Yeah. Here's the thing. In order for you to go scuba diving with me you actually have to become a scuba diver.
没错,事情是这样的。你要和我一起去潜水,必须先成为潜水员才行。
So guess what I have here. I have a special person to introduce you to.
猜猜我带来了什么,我要给你介绍个很特别的人。
This is Kat. She's going to be your dive instructor.
这是凯瑟琳,她将是你的潜水教练。
Hi Jake
杰克你好
Hi nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
Alright to get started with the certification here. You're going to have a little bit of reading. OK
你要想考潜水证,需要先读些东西。好的
Here is your open water dive book. We're going to get started on that and once we start doing dives. Your own dive log book.
这是给你的开放水域潜水书,我们一会读。你开始潜水后,要记录潜水日志。
Oh thank you. So cool.
谢谢。太酷了。
You better start reading right away mister. Yeah
你最好马上开始读。是啊
We meet Jake's parents, and fill them in on Jake's adventures to come. But we're keeping a few things secret!
我们见了杰克的父母,向他们介绍杰克即将开始的冒险历程。但有些事我们没说!
We're going to read through that book. There's going to be a bunch of questions your going have to answer.
我们要通读那本书,你要回答些问题。
We going to do classroom portion and then jump into pool and do some work with you in the pool.
我们会先去教室学习,然后进泳池,在泳池里练习。
Alright. When you're good and ready you take an exam, you'll pass flying colors no problem. Then we'll hop into the ocean. OK
你准备好就可以考试了,你会顺利通过的,放心吧。然后我们去海里潜水。好的
Jake has been dying to go scuba diving since he was four years old, when he did this drawing!
杰克从四岁开始就渴望去潜水,那时他画了这幅画!
Yeah he's wanted to be under water for a very very long time.
是的,他想在水下呆很久。
What Jake doesn't know is that the surprises are not over. But first things first. Jake has to learn to dive.
杰克不知道的是惊喜才刚刚开始,不过首先要做的是,杰克必须学会潜水。
In the classroom, Kat teaches Jake about diving physics, the basics of the gear and how to untangle a regulator and then she takes him to the pool where he must pass a swimming test.
在教室里,凯瑟琳给杰克讲潜水物理、基本装备和如何解开调节器。然后带他去泳池,他要在那通过游泳测试。
You can't reallybe a scuba diver if you can't swim.
如果你不会游泳,就不能成为一个真正的潜水者。
Twirl around, put your hands here.
绕圈,把双手举在这。
She checks to be sure he can tread water.
她查看他能不能踩水。
Clap your hands.
拍手。
What?
什么?
Clap your hands.
拍手。
And he executes a perfect cannonball. I'm not sure if a perfect cannonball is part of the class though.
然后让他抱膝入水。我不确定做抱膝入水是否属于课程的一部分。
Once Kat knows Jake is comfortable in the water, he's ready for his first experience breathing from a scuba regulator.
凯瑟琳知道杰克在水里很自如后,就准备让他好第一次体验用水肺调节器呼吸。
So where's your hand going to be? There you go, get your feet in the water. Makes it a lot easier.
你的手放哪?把脚放水里,这样会容易得多。
But as he discovers, just getting into the water with all that gear is a bit of a challenge!
但他发现带着所有装备下水是一个挑战!
And then the big moment. Jake breathes underwater for the first time.
重要时刻来啦,杰克要在水下第一次呼吸了。
Next Kat teaches him to control his buoyancy using a small ring through which Jake must swim without touching the edge.
接下来,凯瑟琳教他控制浮力,杰克必须游过这个小环,不能碰到环的边缘。
It takes him a couple of tries, but when he finally gets it is time for a little underwater fun!
他尝试了几次,终于搞定了,在水下玩一会吧!
So how did you like it?
你觉得怎么样?
It was amazing! Yeah?
太棒了!是吗?
A dream come true.
梦想成真。
To prove he actually learned something, Jake takes the written final exam and aces it.
为了证明他真的学到了一些东西,杰克参加了笔试,还顺利通过了。
With the classroom and pool work behind him, now Jake must prove his skills in open water.
进行过教室学习和泳池练习后,现在杰克必须在公开水域证明他的技能了。
He and Kat will do two ocean dives in the murky Atlantic, off the coast of Massachusetts.
他和凯瑟琳将在马萨诸塞州沿海阴暗的大西洋中进行两次深海潜水。
The water is chilly, so Jake needs a wetsuit. He struggles a bit with putting on a wetsuit for the first time.
海水很冷,杰克需要穿件潜水服。他第一次穿潜水服有点吃力。
Kat and I are suiting up too.
我和凯瑟琳也穿上了潜水服。
I can't even get this thing on!
我连这个都穿不上!
With his dad watching in amusement, Jake finally squirms into the wetsuit and he is ready to tackle the North Atlantic.
他父亲看着他笑,他终于穿上了潜水服,准备潜入北大西洋。
I have made my way to the water, ready to film Jake's first open ocean dive.
我走到水中,准备拍摄杰克第一次在大海中潜水。
Jake and Kat take a dive flag to let boaters know where they are.
杰克和凯瑟琳拿着潜水旗,好让驾船人知道他们在哪里。
There's a last minute adjustment underwater, and then Kat tests Jake with a series of exercises and drills.
最后调整一下,然后凯瑟琳用一些练习来测试杰克。
She wants to make sure Jake knows what to do in an emergency.
她想确定杰克知道在紧急情况下该怎么做。
There's even a moment to explore some wildlife--a rock crab desperately trying to get away.
甚至还有时间查看野生动物,一只拼命想逃跑的岩蟹。
And then his first of five checkout dives is over.
他要潜五次,第一次结束了。
The sharks were amazing!
鲨鱼太神奇了!
There were no sharks.
那没有鲨鱼。
So that was your first real dive. What was it like?
这是你第一次真正的潜水,感觉怎么样?
It was amazing. So much fun being down there, swimming around being able to breathe, seeing the rock formations.
太棒了,在下面游泳,能呼吸,还能看到岩礁,太有趣了。
Underwater with all the sea weed on the was really cool cause you can't real see them from up here, but seeing them down there was really cool.
水下长满了海草,真是太酷了,因为你从上面看不到它们,但从下面就能看到,太酷了。
Jake's almost ready now, for his adventure diving with me. But we're not going to do it in the North Atlantic. No, we are about to surprise Jake again.
杰克现在几乎准备好和我一起去潜水探险了,但我们不在北大西洋潜,不,我们又要给杰克一个惊喜了。
We hop a plane to a tropical island with crystal clear water—Grand Cayman!
我们乘飞机来到热带岛屿大开曼群岛,那里海水清澈至极!
Grand Cayman is a world-famous diver's paradise in the heart of the Caribbean.
大开曼群岛是世界著名的潜水天堂,它位于加勒比海的中心地带。
We stay at Sunset House, world-renown as one of the ultimate hotels for diving.
我们住在日落酒店,这是一家闻名于世的潜水酒店。
And later that day, yet another surprise for Jake.
那天晚些时候,我们又给了杰克一个惊喜。