Jake! Just the guy we're waiting for! Buddy! We have a huge surprise for you. I want you to see something humungous. Check this out!
杰克!正等着你呢!看我们给你带来一个巨大的惊喜。我想让你看个大家伙,快看!
Oh my GOD!
老天啊!
This is a gift for you. This is from Subgear, and Diver Supply and Sunset House.
这是送给你的礼物。这是Subgear,潜水者补给站和日落酒店一起送给你的。
Oh my GOD!
老天啊!
I'm going to introduce you to Adam who's going to tell you about what you have just won.
这位是亚当,他会告诉你获得的这些奖品都是什么。
Mask, snorkel, fins, with booties for you. We've got suit so you're not cold for your dives. A BCD and regulator and a bag to carry it all in.
面罩、呼吸管、脚蹼、鞋靴,还有潜水服,这样你潜水时就不冷了。一个BCD和调节器,还有个可以随身携带的袋子。
Thank you so much!
太感谢啦!
You're very welcome!
不客气!
That is cool. You know what. This is unfair. I'm the host and I didn't get anything.
太棒了,不过这不公平,我是主持人,我却没有任何礼物。
I'm the lucky one.
我好幸运。
You ARE the lucky one.
你真的很幸运
I'm the star.
我是幸运星。
This is cool.
酷毙了。
My show now.
轮到我表演了。
WOW! I'm out of here.
哇!我还是赶快走吧。
Jake it turns out is also a runway model.
杰克原来还很适合当模特。
Equipped with his new gear, Jake goes with Kat for his final checkout dives right off the dock at Sunset House.
杰克带着新装备,和凯瑟琳一起到日落酒店的码头上进行最后一次检验性潜水。
In the crystal clear water, Jake practices his skills until Kat believes he is ready to go exploring.
杰克在清澈的海水中练习学到的技能,直到凯瑟琳相信他可以去探险了。
Then Kat takes him on his first tour of the amazing underwater world of Grand Cayman Island.
然后,凯特带他来到大开曼群岛神奇,第一次游览这里神奇的海底世界。
Congratulations Jake you are officially open water certified!
恭喜你杰克,你获得了正式的公开水域潜水认证!
Thank you so much.
非常感谢。
Now let's go diving!
我们去潜水吧!
Yeah!
好啊!
The next day, we head out to the reef for a real dive, and now that Jake is a certified diver, we can dive together. First, a briefing about the dive site.
第二天,我们去珊瑚礁潜水,因为杰克已经是合格的潜水员了,我们可以一起潜水了。先是对潜水地点的简单介绍。
Then you be able to see top of reef, there lots and lots of fantastic coral.
然后你能可以看到珊瑚礁的顶部,有很多奇妙的珊瑚。
Are you ready?
准备好了吗?
A huh.
是的。
Let's do it. GO!
我们潜吧,走!
We're alive.
一切都好。
Yeah!
没错!
The Cayman Islands are built from coral, which grows on top of an underwater mountain range.
开曼群岛由珊瑚构成,这些珊瑚长在水下山脉的顶部。
I show Jake the drop off where it gets really deep.
我让杰克看下陷处,那里特别深。
Then we head into shallow water to explore some fun passageways through the reef.
然后我们进入浅水区,探寻穿越珊瑚礁的一些有趣的通道。
As we get ready to return to the surface, a little celebration. What started as a dream in a school paper came true. Jake is having a blast!
我们准备回水面前,来点小小的庆祝吧。家庭作业里写到的梦想成真了。杰克开心到爆棚!
The next day, I have another surprise for Jake, which I give him on our way out to dive a shipwreck.
第二天,我又给杰克带来一个惊喜,我去潜水看沉船的路上给他了。
Jake you've been through a lot this weekend so we only have one more thing to foist upon you. This is going to be fun. You get as your final gift...
杰克,你这个周末经历了很多,我们还要再送你一件礼物。这个会很好玩,它是你的最后一件礼物。
OHHH
哇
An authentic pair of Force Fin Pros. That's the exact same model I wear. These are a gift of Bob Evans and Force Fin. He's the guy who makes these things. You'll notice he even signed it for you.
这是一对Force Fin真品脚蹼,和我穿的一模一样。这是鲍勃·埃文斯和Force Fin送来的礼物。他就是生产这些装备的人,他还给你签名了。
OOOHH
哇
Yeah! Those are authentic Force Fins.
这可是Force Fin的真品脚蹼。
OOOH. Thank you so much.
太感谢了。
You're welcome.
不客气。
You have to thank Bob for me.
一定要帮我谢谢鲍勃。
I will and you can try on this dive if you feel like it. Yeah!
我会的,你可以试试看喜不喜欢。好的!
Living dangerously!
不断探索!
After all I heard how much better these are.
我听说过它们特别棒。
They are!
没错!
I think I have to definitely have to try them.
我必须得试穿一下。
Much better.
好的。
All right! Let's go diving.
我们去潜水吧。
Our next dive is on a shipwreck. First Jake and I listen to the dive briefing.
我们下一次潜水是在一条沉船上,我和杰克先得简要听听潜水地点介绍。
The Kittiwake was a submarine rescue vessel it was actually sunk this year in January.
基蒂瓦克号是一艘潜艇救援船,今年一月份沉的。
It took form 10: 00 in the morning to 2:00 in the afternoon for it to sink and here it lies.
沉没时间从上午10:00到下午2:00,就沉在这。
All right, let's go find this wreck. You ready Jake?
我们去找这艘沉船吧,你准备好了吗,杰克?
Yes.
准备好了。
Let's do it!
我们走吧!
Jake and I hit the water and can't believe how well we can see the entire wreck! The water is extremely clear!
我和杰克跳入水中后,简直不敢相信我们能看到整条船的残骸!海水非常清澈!
The Kittiwake was sunk as an artificial reef in January of 2010. It hasn't been down very long. The ship was thoroughly cleaned, all toxic materials were removed, and dangerous pieces detached before the ship was sunk.
基蒂瓦克号于2010年1月作为人工潜礁沉没在这,时间不太长。船体被彻底清洗过,所有有毒物质都被清除掉了。在船沉没前,已经把危险的碎片分离出去了。
It's still like new though. It hasn't been underwater long enough to build up much encrusting sea life.
它还像新的一样,它在水下停留的时间不长,还没形成许多结垢的海洋生物。
There is one homesteader who moved in immediately though. This Goliath Grouper just hangs out here on the sand by the propeller. He must be used to divers because he isn't bothered by us at all.
不过,有个居民马上搬了进来。这个大石斑鱼正在螺旋桨旁边的沙滩上闲游,它一定已经对潜水员习以为常了,因为它一点也不介意我们的存在。
The Kittiwake rescued sailors from damaged submarines, and much of its history is still classified.
基蒂瓦克号从受损的潜艇中解救水手,它的大部分历史仍然属于机密信息。
It's in only 67 feet of water, an ideal depth for recreational divers. It's so shallow at the top that even snorkelers can enjoy this wreck!
它位于67英尺深的位置,这是休闲潜水的理想深度。顶部非常浅,浮潜者也能体验到游览这条沉船的乐趣!
Jake and I swim above the decks, exploring the ship, imagining her secret past, the sailors who served here, and the adventures she had in the service of the U.S. Navy. Shipwrecks are fun to explore!
杰克和我在甲板上游动,探索着船只,想象着她神秘的过往,那些在这条船上服役的水手,以及她为美国海军效命时的冒险经历。探险沉船太有趣了!
In the Kittiwake's wheel house Jake takes control of the ship. He may have a lot more trouble with getting a drivers' license than he did with a scuba certification!
在基蒂瓦克的驾驶室里,杰克控制着船只。要拿到驾船证可能比拿到潜水证困难得多!
And these jacks aren't taking any chances either. They're getting out of the way.
这些小鱼也不想冒险,它们都让路了。
Jake, newly certified and diving in the Cayman Islands, truly is king of the world.
杰克刚在开曼群岛获得潜水认证,是真正的世界之王。
We have one last treat for Jake we can't pass up while here--diving with the stingrays.
我们还给杰克准备了一个好玩的,绝对不能错过,和黄貂鱼一起潜水。
Now there's two stingray cities on the island. We've got the dive site, which we're on at the moment and the sandbar where they take all the cruise shippers.
现在岛上有两个黄貂鱼聚点,我们设有潜水点,这里是一处,沙洲也有,邮轮乘客都去那。
OK. So the sandbar is about 3ft deep and you just paddle about and they just brush up against you and all that sort of stuff.
沙洲大约有3英尺深,你只能淌来淌去,它们会从你身边游过。
You don't get a chance to feed them like you do here. OK. We got some squid and feed them.
不像在这,你能喂它们。好啊。这有些鱿鱼可以喂它们。
Most Stingrays don't readily approach humans. But here on Grand Cayman, years of fishing waste thrown overboard has attracted them.
大多数黄貂鱼不接近人类。但在大开曼群岛,多年来人们在钓鱼时扔到船外的废弃物把它们吸引过来。
Stingrays are related to sharks, but as you can see they're quite docile.
黄貂鱼与鲨鱼有亲缘关系,你看它们多温顺。
They defend themselves with a sharp venomous barb at the end of their tail, but they are rarely aggressive.
它们用尾巴末端尖锐有毒的倒钩来保护自己,但它们很少表现出攻击性。
This is what divers feed them. Little pieces of squid. Appetizing, huh?
潜水员就喂它们这个,小鱿鱼片,好吃吧?
Sometimes you can lead them around with your hand, kind of teasing them until you give them the food.
有时你可以用手带着它们游,就好像逗它们玩,然后再给他们食物。
Jake discovers the trick for feeding the stingrays. You have to put the food in your palm and let them do the work. It does take some practice.
杰克发现了喂黄貂鱼的诀窍,必须把食物放在手掌里,让它们自己吃,这确实需要一些练习。
Eventually Jake and I have a stingray mini-feeding frenzy on our hands.
最后,杰克和我身边围了一群黄貂鱼迷。
One of them develops a crush on Cameraman Tim and won't leave him alone. I think Tim likes her!
有一只迷上了摄像师蒂姆,不让他一个人呆着。我觉得蒂姆喜欢她!
And so after the dive at Stingray City, we prepare to leave the Cayman Islands. And would you believe it? Jake's school paper, in which he dreams about diving with some guy named Jonathan Bird, magically came true.
在黄貂鱼城潜水后,我们准备离开开曼群岛。你会相信吗?杰克在家庭作业里说想和一个叫乔纳森·伯德的人一起潜水,梦想就成真了。