Now needless to say, I want to understand why people experience this,
不用说,我当然很想知道为什么有些人是这样
some people and other people experience this, because I want people who take my class to enjoy lasting change as opposed to temporary.
另一些人是那样,因为我想让参加我课程的人能拥有持久性的变化,而不是昙花一现的改变
Nice, feels good, not enough.
只是短暂的感觉良好是不够的
It doesn't justify the effort that they put into the workshop.
这既对不住他们为课程所付出的努力
And it doesn't justify the effort that I put into my work.
也对不住我为课程付出的努力
So I want to understand the difference between the two.
所以我很想弄明白两者之间的差异
And here is the single most important difference that I identified between these two groups.
下面就是我发现的这两组人之间存在的最重要的差异
Group 2, the distinguishing characteristic was that after the workshop or class or seminar,
第二组人所具备的显着特点就是在讲习班或课程或研讨会结束之后
not at the end of the semester if it was a semester long class, after each class or after many of the classes introducing immediate behavioral change.
会立刻做出行为上的改变,如果是一个学期的课程,他们不是在学期结束后才做,而是每节课或几节课之后就做
They don't wait and say 'ok, after this course is over, I'll reevaluate my life and see how I do.
他们不会边等边说:好吧,等课程全结束了,我到时再重新评估人生,看自己能做什么
Immediately introducing real behavioral change, doing exercises that we talked about in class,
而是立刻采取实质上的行为改变,比如,做一些上课讲过的练习
taking risks that they haven't before but introducing change immediately,
学着承担以前不敢承担的风险,总之,立刻改变
not waiting. And those introduce change immediately don't have a high or peak experience constantly.
而不是等着。而这些立刻改变的人并不会因此而拥有永久的高峰体验
But their base level of happiness goes up as opposed to going down returning to where it was before when there was no behavioral change.
但是他们的幸福基点会提高,而不像其他人,因为没有改变而回落到和以前一样的水平
And now I start every workshop and seminar when I have a few day workshop or seminar introducing this model of change.
所以,现在每当我有长达数天的讲习班和研讨会,我都会在一开始就给大家介绍这种变化的模式
What do we know from a lot of research in psychology is there is a relationship between attitudes and behaviors.
我们从很多心理学研究中学到态度和行为是密切相关的
And we talked about it, we illuded into it already in the past.
这一点我们以前讲过,提到过