Harry squinted at it. The minuscule writing next to it read 'Neville Longbottom'.
哈利眯着眼看。小点下面的字写道:“纳威隆巴顿”。
Harry quickly pulled out his wand, muttered 'Dissendium!'
哈利迅速抽出魔杖,低声咕哝道:“左右分离!”
and shoved his bag into the statue, but before he could climb in himself, Neville came around the corner.
然后把书包塞进雕像,但是他自己还没有来得及爬进去,就看见纳威转过拐角来了。
'Harry! I forgot you weren't going to Hogsmeade either!'
“哈利!我忘了你也不去霍格莫德村!”
'Hi, Neville,' said Harry, moving swiftly away from the statue and pushing the map back into his pocket. 'What are you up to?'
“嘿。纳威,”哈利说,迅速离开了那座雕像,并且把地图塞回衣袋。“你打算干什么?”
'Nothing,' shrugged Neville. 'Want a game of Exploding Snap?'
“没打算,”纳威耸耸肩,“想玩一场噼啪爆炸游戏吗?”
'Er — not now — I was going to go to the library and do that vampire essay for Lupin —'
“哦——现在不——对了。我忘了。我要到图书馆去,做卢平布置的吸血鬼论文——”
'I'll come with you!' said Neville brightly. 'I haven't done it either!'
“我和你一起去!”纳威轻松地说,“我也没写呢!”
'Er — hang on — yeah, I forgot, I finished it last night!'
“哦……等一等,对,我想起来了,昨天晚上我就写完了!”
'Brilliant, you can help me!' said Neville, his round face anxious.
“太棒了,你可以帮助我了!”纳威高兴地说,圆脸上现出了迫切的表情。
'I don't understand that thing about the garlic at all — do they have to eat it, or —'
“我对大蒜这种东西一点儿也不懂——人们是一定要吃掉它,还是——”
Neville broke off with a small gasp, looking over Harry's shoulder.
纳威稍稍喘了口气,停住不说了,眼睛越过哈利肩膀看着。
It was Snape. Neville took a quick step behind Harry.
那是斯内普。纳威迅速地一步跨到哈利后面。
'And what are you two doing here?' said Snape, coming to a halt and looking from one to the other. 'An odd place to meet —'
“你们俩在这里干什么?”斯内普说,停下来轮流打量这两个人。“在这里碰头倒是够古怪的——”
To Harry's immense disquiet, Snape's black eyes flicked to the doorways on either side of them, and then to the one-eyed witch.
让哈利大为惊慌的是,斯内普那双黑眼睛向他们两边的走廊看了看,然后目光落到了独眼女巫身上。
'We're not — meeting here,' said Harry. 'We just — met here.'
“我们不是——在这里碰头,”哈利说道,“我们只不过——正好在这里遇到。”
'Indeed?' said Snape. 'You have a habit of turning up in unexpected places, Potter, and you are rarely there for no reason ...
“是吗?”斯内普说,“你习惯在人们意料不到的地方出现,波特,无缘无故的话你们是很少到这里来的……
I suggest the pair of you return to Gryffindor Tower, where you belong.'
我建议你们回到格兰芬多楼去,你们应该在那里。”