"You, sir, are the most phantom-like of all: you are a mere dream."
“你,先生,是最像幻影了,你只不过是个梦。”
He held out his hand, laughing.
他伸出手,大笑起来。
"Is that a dream?" said he, placing it close to my eyes.
“这也是个梦?”他把手放到紧挨我眼睛的地方说。
He had a rounded, muscular, and vigorous hand, as well as a long, strong arm.
他的手肌肉发达、强劲有力、十分匀称,他的胳膊又长又壮实。
"Yes; though I touch it, it is a dream," said I, as I put it down from before my face.
“不错,我碰了它,但它是个梦,”我把他的手从面前按下说。
"Sir, have you finished supper?" "Yes, Jane."
“先生,你用完晚饭了吗?”“吃好了,简。”
I rang the bell and ordered away the tray.
我打了铃,吩咐把托盘拿走。
When we were again alone, I stirred the fire, and then took a low seat at my master's knee.
再次只剩下我们两人时,我拨了拨火,在我主人膝边找了个低矮的位置坐下。
"It is near midnight," I said.
“将近半夜了,”我说。
"Yes: but remember, Jane, you promised to wake with me the night before my wedding."
“不错,但记住,简,你答应过,在婚礼前夜同我一起守夜。”
"I did; and I will keep my promise, for an hour or two at least: I have no wish to go to bed."
“我的确答应过,而且我会信守诺言,至少陪你一两个小时,我不想睡觉。”
"Are all your arrangements complete?" "All, sir."
“你都收拾好了吗,” “都好了,先生。”
"And on my part likewise," he returned, "I have settled everything;
“我也好了,”他说。“我什么都处理好了,
and we shall leave Thornfield to-morrow, within half-an-hour after our return from church." "Very well, sir."
明天从教堂里一回来,半小时之内我们就离开桑菲尔德。”“很好,先生。”