And that's how the five senses graph works.
这就是五感图的工作方式。
Now, for a period of three years, I gathered data, not just me but also some of my friends,
到现在我收集数据有三年时间了,不仅我自己还有我的一些朋友,
and I used to teach in university, so I forced my -- I mean, I asked my students to do this as well.
我曾在大学教过书,所以我强迫--我的意思是叫我的学生也帮我收集数据。
So here are some other results. The first is for instant noodles.
因此这里还有一些其它的结果。第一个是吃方便面的。
Now obviously, taste and smell are quite high, but notice sound is at three.
现在显然味觉和嗅觉的打分相当高,但注意听觉给的是3。
Many people told me a big part of the noodle-eating experience is the slurping noise. You know.
许多人告诉我,吃面条的体验主要是吸溜面条的声音。你知道。
Needless to say, I no longer dine with these people.
不用说,我不再和这些人一起吃饭。
OK, next, clubbing. OK, here what I found interesting was that taste is at four,
好啦,接下来,泡吧。好啦,这里我发现有趣的是味觉给的是4,
and many respondents told me it's because of the taste of drinks,
许多受访者告诉我由于饮料的味道,
but also, in some cases, kissing is a big part of the clubbing experience. These people I still do hang out with.
而且在某些情况下,接吻是泡吧体验的重要组成部分。我还一直和这些人在一起。
All right, and smoking. Here I found touch is at, and one of the reasons is that
好,接着是吸烟。这里我发现触觉给的是6,原因之一是,
smokers told me the sensation of holding a cigarette and bringing it up to your lips is a big part of the smoking experience,
吸烟的人告诉我手指夹着香烟并送到嘴唇上的感觉是吸烟体验的重要组成部分,
which shows, it's kind of scary to think how well cigarettes are designed by the manufacturers.
这让人想想有点害怕的是香烟由厂家设计得多么好。
OK. Now, what would the perfect experience look like on the five senses graph?
好,现在这种完美体验在五感图上会是什么样?
It would, of course, be a horizontal line along the top.
当然会是沿顶端的一条水平线。
Now you can see, not even as intense an experience as riding a motorbike comes close.
现在你会看出甚至连骑摩托车那么强烈的体验都没接近这条完美的水平线。