Why? Because if we didn't have this ritual, then we have two dates a decade, as opposed to a week.
为什么?因为如果没有这件例行公事,我们就不是每周而是每十年两次约会了
And a deeply held value for both of us is our relationship.
我们共有的价值观就是我们的爱情
In our modern world, there are so many conflicting demands in our time.
在现代社会,我们的时代中有许多相互冲突的需求
Rituals are not just important, they are absolutely necessary.
例行公事不但很重要,它们也是必需的
If we are to do the things that are important for us, that we care about.
如果我们要做对我们重要的,我们所关心的事
Other examples of rituals: writing a thank you note.
别的例行公事的例子,写感谢信
Once a week, once a month. Making a gratitude visit. Once a month, once a month, once every two months.
每周一次,每月一次,去拜访别人;每月一次,或者每两个月一次
Doing the gratitude exercise on a daily basis. These are rituals that we can introduce and can actually make an important difference.
把感恩变成一件日常的事。这些是我们可以建立的例行公事并且确实有很重要的影响
We also have ritual dinners with the family as a whole.
我们也有例行的全家一起吃的晚餐
So every shabbat dinner, Friday night dinner, we have together with the family. It's a ritual. It's a wonderful ritual.
每个安息日晚餐,周五的晚餐,都要全家人一起吃。这是件例行公事,是件很好的例行公事
During the week, we also have dates when we are together, because family is an important value to us.
每周我们都能聚一聚,因为家庭对我们来说是重要的价值观
Now sometimes, for example, because of travel or other reasons, rituals are broken.
有时,比如说,因为旅行或者别的原因,打破了例行公事
Then you can make up for it later. They can also be negative rituals.
那就之后再补上。还有一些反面的例行公事
Three hour of not checking email. I know it's hard. But it's an important ritual.
三个小时不查邮箱。我知道这很难,但这是很重要的例行公事
And we'll talk about the effect of having our email on constantly
我们会讲到总是查邮件的影响
Because when we are constantly connected to technology, we are often disconnected from the important things in our lives.
因为当我们持续和技术相连时,就经常会与生活中重要的事脱节
We'll talk about that after break. Rituals. Introduce rituals.
假期回来后我们会讲这个。例行公事,建立例行公事