Dearest,
亲爱的:
I feel certain I am going mad again. I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times.
我觉得很快又要疯掉了。我不认为我们还能挺得过又一段饱受煎熬的苦日子。
And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and I can't concentrate.
我的病情不应该在这时候有所好转。我(脑中)开始听到(奇怪的)声音,而且变得心神不一。
So I am doing what seems the best thing to do. You have given me the greatest possible happiness.
所以我打算一劳永逸,一了百了。你已经给我所有一个女人该有的幸福。
You have been in every way all that anyone could be.
你已经做到了为人丈夫的能做到一切。
I don't think two people could have been happier till this terrible disease came.
要不是因为病魔,我曾以为我俩是世上最快乐的人。
I can't fight any longer. I know that I am spoiling your life, that without me you could work.
我撑不了了。我很清楚我是在破坏你的生活,没有我,你本可以忙你的事儿。
And you will I know.
我想你,很快就能这样了。
You see I can't even write this properly. I can't read.
你看,我现在都不懂该怎么写了,我说不下去了。
What I want to say is I owe all the happiness of my life to you.
我只想告诉你我是欠你太多,说好的幸福我都没给你。
You have been entirely patient with me and incredibly good. I want to say that - everybody knows it.
你对我总是十分耐心,几乎无微不至。
If anybody could have saved me it would have been you.
我想说,要是谁曾救过我,那只有你。这个大家都懂。
Everything has gone from me but the certainty of your goodness.
要不是有你对我好,我早已是一无所有。
I can't go on spoiling your life any longer.
我不能再继续破坏你的生活了。
I don't think two people could have been happier than we have been.
我想,我们曾是这个世界上最幸福的人。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!