Oh, it's getting tough now.
天啊,越来越受不了了。
This is harder than I thought. I don't know if I can do this.
比预想要艰难很多。不知道能不能挺住。
In this controversial test, six ordinary people are deprived of all sensory stimulation to discover the impact on their brains.
在这项争议颇大的实验中,六个普通人被剥夺了所有感官刺激,以观察这对他们的大脑产生的影响。
Oh, God. I'm hallucinating now.
天。我有幻觉了。
Tim, I'm hallucinating.
提姆,我产生幻觉了。
Science has struggled for many years to investigate this question, but now, in the era of Guantanamo Bay,
多年来科学界一直在苦苦探寻问题的答案,当下已进入关塔那摩时代,
mass hostage taking and the increasing use of solitary confinement, it's more important than ever.
大量人员羁押和不断增长的单独囚禁,这项研究因此非常重要。
You could smell the fear and you could smell it from 15 or 20 feet.
你能感受到恐惧的气息,15到20英尺开外就能感受到。
They decided to go insane, clinically insane.
他们的手段越来越极端。
This research delves deep into the human mind and finds out what happens when you are left truly alone.
本研究潜入人脑深处,试图揭示人在完全隔离状态下会发生什么。
The walls are starting to close in, the walls of my mind are starting to close in.
四周的墙壁开始向我逼近,脑海中的墙也开始向我逼近。