Sandy is my best friend. Every day, she joins me at school.
珊蒂是我最好的朋友。她每天在学校都会来找我。
We talk and tell each other everything.
我们会一起聊天,把一切都告诉对方。
But today, Sandy wasn't in school. I didn't know where she was.
不过,今天珊蒂不在学校里。我不知道她在哪里。
I started to feel worried. I hoped she wasn't sick.
我开始觉得担心,希望她不是生病了。
At break time, I sent her a message. But Sandy didn't answer.
我在下课时间传了一道信息给她,但她没有回复。
After school, I call her. "Are you sick?" I ask.
放学后,我打电话给她。“你生病了吗?”我问。
"No," she says.
“没有,”她说。
"Why didn't you come to school today?" I ask.
“那你今天为什么没有来学校?”我问。
"I went to the hospital to see my dad. He has a problem with his heart."
“我到医院去看我爸爸,他的心脏有问题。”
I feel bad for her. I don't say anything for a moment.
我为她感到难过。我沉默了一会儿。
"I am so sorry. Is he OK?" I ask.
“真是遣憾,他还好吗?”我问。
Sandy said she doesn't know.
珊蒂说她不知道。
The doctors detected a problem during his checkup last week.
医生在他上过接受健康检查的时候检测出一个问题。
He went into the hospital today.
所以他今天住进了医院。
"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.
“你怎么没有告诉我?”我问。
But Sandy just says she has to go.
可是珊蒂只说她必须挂电话了。
I know that Sandy must be scared. I want to comfort her.
我知道珊蒂一定很害怕。我想安慰她。
But what can I do? What would you do?
可是我能做什么?你会怎么做?