Think and Grow Rich. Nothing much about this. No, just think. And then you'll be rich.
比如《思考致富》 和这个没什么关系 只要思考 就能致富
Tens of millions of copies sold from this book. Or here is another book that I found.
这本书卖了几百万本 这里还有一本书
Now the book, the book may be great. I haven't read it-I have to admit.
这本书或许不错 我得承认我还没有读过
But look at it-"Small Steps to Big Happiness. NOW!" Again, we can't wait. It's about the destination.
但先看看 《小步迈向幸福 现在》 我们又迫不及待了 说的是专注于目标
It's not about the hard work, the journey, the character, change that needs to take place.
而不是专注于努力、旅途、人格还有所需的改变
And there is something else. There is something else that leads to perfectionism.
还有别的 还有别的导致完美主义的因素
And this is the research that you have already read about.
这是一个你们已经读到过的研究结果
And this is work done by, great work done by Carol Dweck, who is now at Stanford.
这是由卡罗尔·徳韦克完成的出色研究 她现在在斯坦福大学工作
Because you see, what she illustrates is that not all praise is good.
因为她所描述的是 不是所有的赞美都是好的
Telling a kid you are wonderful, you are terrific, you are great,
对一个孩子说 你很棒 你很出色
no matter what indiscriminately-you are so smart, you are so amazing, my little Einstein-that's not always good.
不吝赞美之词 你太聪明了 你真是惊人 我的小爱因斯坦 这也不总是好的
That may be harmful in the long run. And it may, it may create the perfectionism schema.
长期来看这可能也是有害的 这也会导致完美主义的基模
So let me share with you one of her studies. And again, I think you've already read this.
那么我和你们分享一下她的研究成果吧 我想你们已经读过了
So what she did was going to group of 10 years old and randomly divided them into two groups.
她所做的就是找到一些十岁的孩子 然后把他们随机分成两组
The first group did a puzzle which they completed successfully, each one individually.
第一组孩子都做了道题 他们都每个人独立完成了
And at the end, for each one when he or she completed the puzzle, she would say,
到最后 对每一个完成的孩子她都说
"wow. You are so intelligent. So smart."
“你真聪明伶俐”