Today's Moment of Science is about lightning bugs.
今天的科学一刻我们要讲的是关于萤火虫。
Lightning bugs are cool because if you squish them you can make...oh, forget it!
萤火虫非常酷,因为如果你将它们压扁…哦,还是不说了!
What's the problem?
有什么问题吗?
I'm just tired of working for A Moment of Science.
我只是厌倦了今天科学一刻的工作。
Do you know how hard it is to come up with another fascinating tidbit every day?
你知道每天想出一个吸引人的话题有多难么?
I'm going to find a new job.
我要另谋高就了。
I've got a job for you.
我已经为你找到了一份工作。
Oh yeah? Does it pay better than this one?
哦,是吗?待遇比现在还好吗?
I'll let you figure that out.
你听我细细道来。
The job lasts for one month, and you only get one penny on the first day.
这份工作持续一个月, 上班第一天你只能得到1分钱。
Hey! What kind of deal is that?
嘿!你这说的是啥霸王条款?
Hang on! On the second day I'll pay you twice what you made the first day. That's two pennies.
别急!第二天我会付给你第一天薪金的2倍。也就是2分钱。
Three cents altogether-now we're getting somewhere.
总共才3分钱,总算看到点希望了。
On the third day I'll again pay you twice what you've made the day before.
第3天我会再次给你前一天的2倍。
That's four more cents.
也就是4分钱。
译文来自可可英语