It is the ultimate eternal tribute to your first love, your mom.
对我们的初恋,我们的母亲终极而永恒的致敬……
The I love mom heart tattoo, iconic and beloved.
就是极具标志性也备受喜爱的“我爱妈妈”心形纹身。
The history of the mom-centric tribute dates back to the 1700s,
围绕妈妈进行致敬的做法可以追溯到18世纪,
when sailors were at the forefront of tattoo culture.
当时的水手堪称纹身文化的先锋。
Picture this: you're staring down a long stint at sea, possibly to never return home.
想象一下:你要长时间盯着一望无际的海洋,甚至可能再也回不了家了。
They said sailors often wanted to keep their loved ones close,
人们说,水手们总喜欢近距离地守护他们的爱人,
and what could be any closer than a heart on your arm?
有什么比肩膀上的心形纹身更近的呢?
This heart could symbolize the heart of a girlfriend, a wife, or mom.
这颗心可以象征女朋友的心、妻子的心,也可以象征妈妈的心。
It is even said that mom can symbolize a love of country, the motherland, if you will.
甚至还有人说,只要你愿意,你也可以说妈妈还可以象征对国家、对故土的热爱。
But nothing says I love mom like this guy, Norman Collins, AKA Sailor Jerry.
不过,要说起表达“我爱妈妈”这件事,没有人比得上这位哥们儿,这哥们儿就是诺曼·柯林斯,江湖人称“水手杰瑞”。
Sailor Jerry is the man who popularized and polarized the I love mom tattoo, amongst many others.
水手杰瑞就是那个普及了“我爱妈妈”纹身还把这一纹身推向了极致的人,当然,功劳也不止是他一个人的。
Nowadays, I love mom tattoos are as popular as ever amongst those in the service and civilians.
如今,“我爱妈妈”纹身在士兵和普通百姓中可以说是要多流行有多流行了。
Though the imagery has changed a bit, the heartfelt sentiment remains the same.
尽管图案多多少少有些变化,但传达的心意是不变的。
We love you mom.
我们都爱你哟,妈妈。