And while you are making a difference at school, at home, at work,
当你们在学校、在家里、在工作中有所作为的时候,
many of you will also want to make a bigger difference and take a larger perspective on the pressing issues of our time.
你们中的许多人还希望发挥更大的作用,从更广阔的角度看待我们这个时代的紧迫问题。
Protection of our planet, eradication of poverty, reduction of inequality:
保护我们的地球,消除贫困,减少不平等,
these are some of the topics that, I know, some of you care about. You can do more.
这些是你们中许多人已经深切关注的主题。你们可以做更多。
Imagine, imagine that you turn your social media accounts into megaphones;
想象一下,想象一下,你们将社交媒体帐户变成了扩音器;
that you pester your friends and foes alike;
会同时和你们的朋友和敌人纠缠在一起;
that you talk to those who dissent;
与那些与你观点不同的人交谈;
that you will go wild and put a bumper sticker on your smartphone.
你会发疯,并在智能手机上贴保险杠贴纸。
And don't forget to vote -- with your money, with your feet, with your ballot!
另外,不要忘记用你的钱、脚步和选票来投票!
And whatever you choose to do, ignore the barriers of mockery and conventional wisdom,
无论你选择做什么,都不要理会嘲讽和世俗认知的障碍,
stand up for your values at the local and global levels!
在局部和全球范围内捍卫自己的价值观!
Trust me: you will feel better. You will feel stronger.
相信我:你们会感觉更好。你们会感觉更强大。
And the next generation will thank you.
而下一代将感谢你们。