Thank you very much. I am honored to be here tonight.
非常感谢各位。今晚,我很荣幸地站在这里。
I like to pay tribute to my presenter, Julius Erving, the Dr..
我要向我的推荐人,“J博士”朱利叶斯·欧文致敬。
He was absolutely my favorite role model as a child.
他绝对是我小时候最喜欢的榜样人物。
And arguably, the greatest player to ever play the game.
同样,他也是史上最伟大的球员。
One, he was a class act on the court and off the court.
首先,不管是在场上还是场下,他都是个出类拔萃的人。
He would make plays that were electric.
他的比赛表现也充满了激情。
The third reason is because he's my big brother, and I love him.
第三个原因是,他是我的老大哥,我很爱他。
And I'm extremely honored to have him present me tonight. Because think about this.
能在今晚请到他来为我引荐,我非常荣幸。想一想吧。
I'm dreaming tonight. My favorite childhood role model in the Hall of Fame, presents me into the Hall of Fame.
我简直像在做梦。我儿时最喜爱的名人堂榜样,将我引荐入名人堂。
Well, it doesn't get any better than that.
哇,这种感觉实在太美妙了。
As I said earlier, guys, some of you may have heard it:
各位,就像我以前说的,你们中有些人可能已经听过了:
I am dreaming. I don't wanna be awakened.
我就像在做梦一样,我不愿醒过来。
I'd like to give tribute to my classmates, 2004, Hall of Famers.
我要向我的同届入选者们致敬,2004届的名人堂成员。
It's an awesome class and I am honored to be a part of it. Congratulations.
这是很棒的一届,我很荣幸能成为其中的一员。祝贺各位。
I'd also like to give homage to the Hall, and the great players and contributors who came before me.
我也要向这个殿堂、在我之前的伟大运动员和贡献者们表示敬意。
As this great game invented by Dr. James Naismith has opened up my world and taken me to places far and wide.
由詹姆斯·奈史密斯博士发明的这项运动,开阔了我的世界,让我去到了世界各地。
Through basketball, I have been able to meet people from all over the world,
通过篮球,我可以认识来自世界各地的人,
to compete against the greatest players in the world of basketball. And for that, I'm grateful.
和世界上最伟大的篮球运动员比赛。为此,我深表感激。
To have success in any endeavor, you've got to have a good support system.
要想取得任何的成功,你都必须要有一个良好的支撑体系。
And I was lucky to have great coaches, such as Guy Lewis at the University of Houston,
我很幸运能遇到许多伟大的教练,比如说休斯顿大学的盖伊·刘易斯教练,
who by the way, deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame.
顺便说一句,他应该在名人堂中占据一席之地的。
Coaches like Jack Ramsay, my first NBA coach, who concentrated on the finer points of the game.
还有我的第一位NBA教练,杰克·拉姆齐,他会关注比赛的细节。
Rick Adelman, Rudy Tomjanovich, who were excellent player-coaches.
还有里克·阿德尔曼、鲁迪·汤姆贾诺维奇,他们都是非常出色的教练员。
I was lucky to have a great assemblage of teammates around me, to make me look decent on a nightly basis.
我也很幸运身边能拥有一大群出色的队友,让我在每晚的比赛中都看起来还不错。