"I like running, and swimming," said Luke. "And I like going out on my bike..."
“我喜欢跑步,还有游泳。”卢克说,“我还喜欢骑自行车出门”
"You see?" said Gemma. "It's easy really. You just need the questions."
“明白了吗?”杰玛说,“真的很简单。你只要准备好问题就行了。”
Later that afternoon, Luke stopped in the office. Gemma was at one of the computers.
那天下午晚些时候,卢克留在办公室里。杰玛坐在其中一台电脑前。
"Hi, Luke," said Gemma. "Have you got a few minutes? I"ve got some questions here. Come and see."
“嗨,卢克。”杰玛说,“你现在有空吗?我列出了一些问题。过来看看吧。”
Luke read the list of questions on her computer.
卢克看了她在电脑上列出的问题。
"Oh, that"s great, Gemma!" he said.
“啊,真是太棒了,杰玛!”他说。
"Do you want to put any more questions on the list?" she asked. Luke thought for a minute.
“你想在单子上再加些问题吗?”她问。卢克想了片刻。
"Do you like going to music festivals?" he said at last.
“你喜欢去音乐节吗?”他最终说。
"Yes, that"s good," said Gemma. She put it on the list.
“对,这很好。”杰玛说。她把这个问题加上了。
Soon Luke had the list in his hands.
没过多久,卢克就把单子拿到手了。
"Wait for the right time," said Gemma. "And - good luck!"
“等待合适的时机。”杰玛说,“还有——祝你好运!”
Every day Luke looked for Charlotte in the canteen. On Tuesday she was with Molly, and on Wednesday he did not see her. But on Thursday...
卢克每天都在食堂里寻找夏洛特。星期二,她和莫莉在一起;星期三,他没有看到她。但是,星期四......
"Hi Charlotte," said Luke. "My name's Luke. I'm on the social committee. We want to plan some days and nights out for people from the hospital. Can I ask you some questions?"
“嗨,夏洛特。”卢克说,“我叫卢克。我是社交委员会的。我们打算为医院里的人安排一些白天和晚上的社交活动。我可以问你几个问题吗?”
"OK," said Charlotte, and she smiled at Luke.
“好啊。”夏洛特说,她朝卢克笑了笑。
They sat down near the window.
他们在窗户边坐下。
"Right," said Luke. "First, what kind of music do you like?"
“好。”卢克说,“首先,你喜欢什么音乐?”
"Well, I like the Good Girls, and Sadie Moonlight, and lots of girl singers, really. Oh, and Bobbie, of course."
“嗯,我喜欢好女孩乐队和萨迪月光乐队,还有很多女歌手,真的很喜欢。哦,当然还有鲍比。”
"Bobbie?" said Luke. "Really?"
“鲍比?”卢克说,“真的吗?”
"He's wonderful. "Love me, love nobody but me,"" sang Charlotte happily.
“他真是棒极了!‘爱我,只爱我。’”夏洛特开心地唱了起来。