(comes back and gives a cup of coffee to Roger.) I put some milk in it, darling. Is that all right?
格温回来,端给罗杰一杯咖啡。我在里面加了些奶,亲爱的。这样行吗?
Mmm, wonderful, darling. Just like you! (Smiling shyly) Oh Roger! Well, darling, it was eleven years ago...
唔,好极了,亲爱的。就像你一样!(害羞地笑)哦,罗杰!嗯,亲爱的,十一年前,
Ten! Of course. Ten. Ten. Sorry! So it's about time... Yes, darling?
十年前!当然,是十年前。十年。抱歉!所以现在是时候什么,亲爱的?
It's about time... Yes, darling? To bring you a little something.
是时候......什么,亲爱的?给你一个小东西了。
He takes a ring from his pocket. Oh Roger, a ring! How beautiful! Oh Roger, a ring! How beautiful!
他从口袋里掏出一枚戒指。哦,罗杰,一枚戒指!太漂亮了!
Do you like it? (To the audience) It was very expensive! Of course, darling.
你喜欢吗?(对观众)这个贵得要死!当然,亲爱的。
(To the audience) Oh dear, it looks so cheap.
(对观众)哦,天哪,看起来多么廉价。
(To Roger). Roger, how exciting! Are you asking me...?
(对罗杰)罗杰,真让人激动!你是要让我......?
Yes. (Taking her hand) Marry me, darling! Er, well, now you ask me, I don't know.
是的。(握住她的手)嫁给我,亲爱的!呃,嗯,现在你向我求婚,我不知道。
You don't know? Well, this is all very sudden, Roger. I need some more time to think about it.
你不知道?唔,这太突然了,罗杰。我需要一些时间考虑一下。
(To the audience) Oh no! That's bad! I need her money.
(对观众)哦,不!这下糟了!我需要她的钱。
(To Gwen) How much time do you need? Well, I can give you an answer next week.
(对格温)你需要多长时间?唔,我下个星期答复你。
But next week I'm going to New York! New York! How exciting!
可是下个星期我要去纽约!纽约!多棒啊!
It's only for work, you know. (To the audience) Of course, Susie's going to be there! I always see her when I go to New York!
你知道,只是去出差。(对观众)当然,苏茜会在那儿!我去纽约的时候总是去看她!
(To Gwen) Oh Gwen! Please give me an answer before I leave! You see, Roger, you need to change a lot, before I can marry you.
(对格温)哦,格温!请在我走之如答复我!你看,罗杰,你得做很多改变,我才能嫁给你。
Change? Me? Change? But how? Well, to begin with, you must stop smoking!
改变?我?改变?可是怎么改?唔,首先,你必须戒烟!
(Looking at his cigarette) Stop smoking? And you must stop drinking coffee!
(看着他的香烟)戒烟?而且你必须戒掉咖啡!
(Looking at his coffee) Stop drinking coffee? And you must stop going to New York, too! Stop going to New York?
(看着他的咖啡)戒掉咖啡?而且你也不能再去纽约!不能再去纽约?
(To the audience) Does she know about Susie? Oh dear! So, Roger, what do you think? Can you change?
(对观众)她知道苏茜的事了吗?哦,老天!那么,罗杰,你觉得怎么样?你能改变吗?
What can I say, Gwen? I need you. (To the audience) And I need her money!
我能说什么呢,格温?我需要你。(对观众)而且我需要她的钱!
(To Gwen) I'm going to stop smoking. And drinking coffee. And going to New York.
(对格温)我会戒烟,戒掉咖啡,也不再去纽约了。
(To the audience) Sorry, Susie! All right, Roger. I can give you my answer here and now. My answer is yes!
(对观众)抱歉,苏茜!好吧,罗杰。我现在就能在这里答复你:我愿意!
Oh Gwen, darling! Oh Roger! (They kiss.)
哦,格温,亲爱的!哦,罗杰!(他们接吻。)
(To the audience) Now I needn't think about money any more!
(对观众)现在我再也不用想钱的事了!
I'm going to have lots of money, my darling wife's money! (Laughing)
我会有很多钱,我亲爱的妻子的钱!(大笑)
(To the audience) Roger doesn't know this, but I'm not rich at all! I like expensive things, but I haven't got much money.
(对观众)罗杰不知道,我根本不富有!我喜欢昂贵的东西,但是没有多少钱。
When I tell him, what's he going to say? (Laughing) They go out, hand in hand and smiling happily at each other.
等我告诉他时,他会说什么呢?(大笑)他们开心地相视而笑,手拉手走了出去。