Hello, everyone.
嗨,大家好。
And congratulations to the Class of 2020.
祝贺2020届毕业生。
As well as your parents, your teachers, and everyone who helped you get to this day.
还要祝贺你们的父母、老师和每一个帮助你们拿到毕业证的所有人。
I never imagined I'd be giving a commencement speech with no live audience from my backyard,
我从没想过,会在自家后院没有现场观众的情况下做毕业典礼演讲,
but it's giving me a much deeper understanding for what our YouTube creators go through.
但这让我对YouTube创作者的经历有了更深刻的理解。
And I certainly never thought I'd be sharing a virtual stage with the former president, a first lady,
当然,我也没想过我会与前总统、第一夫人、
a Lady Gaga and a Queen B, not to mention BTS.
lady Gaga和Queen B在线上舞台合体,更别提防弹少年团(BTS)了。
I don't think this is the graduation ceremony any of you imagined.
我知道,这不是你们想象中的毕业典礼。
At a time when you should be celebrating all the knowledge you have gained, you may be grieving what you have lost.
在本该庆祝你们学业有成的时候,现实让人苦恼不已
The moves you planned, the jobs you earned, and the experiences you were looking forward to.
你计划的行动,你获得的工作和你期待的经历通通受阻。
In bleak moments like these, it can be difficult to find hope.
在这样黯淡的时刻,很难看到希望。
So let me skip right to the end and tell you what happens.
所以,我先抛出我的结论:
You will prevail.
你们将战胜一切困难。
That's not really the end of the speech, so don't get too excited.
大家别激动,演讲才刚开始。
The reason I know you'll prevail is because so many others have done it before you.
我知道,你们将战胜一切困难,因为你们的前辈证明过这一点。
A hundred years ago, class of 1920 graduated into the end of a deadly pandemic.
一百年前,在一场致命流行病的尾声,1920届的学生迎来了毕业典礼。
Fifty years ago, the class of 1970 graduated in the midst of Vietnam War.
50年前,1970届毕业生在越南战争的炮火中毕业。
And nearly 20 years ago, the class of 2001 graduated just months before 9/11.
大约20年前,2001届毕业生刚毕业,没几个月就发声了9/11事件。
There are notable examples like this.
这样的例子不胜枚举。
They had to overcome new challenges, and in all cases, they prevailed.
他们必须克服新的挑战,在所有情况下,他们都取得了胜利。
The long arc of history tells us we have every reason to be hopeful. So, be hopeful.
漫长的历史轨迹告诉我们,我们完全有理由满怀希望。所以,不要泄气。