blind-date 相亲
She is arranging a blind date for me.
她在给我安排相亲。
She never goes on blind dates.
她从来不去相亲。
persistently 一次又一次地;坚持不懈地
I told her, persistently.
我一次又一次地告诉她。
The allegations have been persistently denied by ministers.
这些说法被部长们一再否认。
come to terms with 接受(令人不快的事物);与某事妥协
It's OK. I've come to terms with the facts.
没关系,我已经接受了现实。
I tried. I failed. I've come to terms with it.
我试过但没成功,我已经妥协了。
brazen 无所顾忌的;肆无忌惮的
This is brazen.
这太无耻了。
That brazen guy told lie after lie.
那个厚脸皮的家伙谎话连篇。
gauche 拘谨的;不善交际的
We're all a bit gauche when we're young.
年轻的时候我们都有点放不开。
She was a rather gauche creature.
她是个非常不善交际的人。
softie 有同情心的人;心软的人
He is a softie.
他是个容易心软的人。
There's no need to be afraid of him ─ he's a big softie.
没必要害怕他——他心肠特好。
on and off 不时地;断断续续地
The girl he dated went out with him on and off.
和她约会的女孩不时地和他出去。
I have worked there on and off for almost ten years.
我在那里断断续续地工作了近十年。
三角恋 love triangle
I didn't sign up for some creepy love triangle.
我当初可不是为了恶心三角恋而和你在一起。
It eventually turned into a love triangle.
这最后变成了一段三角恋。
blank out 刻意忘记
You can just laugh at it and blank it out.
你可以笑一笑,然后把这件事忘记。
I learned to blank those feelings out.
我学着努力忘记那些感觉。
onus 职责;责任
The onus is on the government.
这个责任在政府身上。
I believe the onus is upon us to vote down the project.
我认为我们有责任否决这项工程。