It is only that your lord father does not know you.
这一切只是因为你父亲大人还不太了解你。
With your brothers dead and you taken by the wolves, your sister was his solace.
自打你的哥哥们尽数逝去,而你被群狼虏走,你姐姐便成了他惟一的慰藉。
He learned to rely on her, and she has never failed him."
他不得不学着依靠她,而她也从未让他失望。”
"Nor have I. The Starks knew my worth.
“我也没有!史塔克家知道我的价值。
I was one of Brynden Blackfish's picked scouts, and I charged with the first wave in the Whispering Wood.
我是黑鱼布兰登麾下的精锐斥候之一,在呓语森林我冲锋在最前线,
I was that close to crossing swords with the Kingslayer himself."
差这么一点便要和弑君者正面交手。
Theon held his hands two feet apart.
”席恩用手比划出两尺的距离。“
"Daryn Hornwood came between us, and died for it."
然而戴林恩·霍伍德冲到我们之间,随后成了刀下鬼。”
"Why do you tell me this?" Dagmer asked.
“你告诉我这些做什么?”达格摩问,
"It was me who put your first sword in your hand.
“正是我把你这辈子第一把剑交到你手中。
I know you are no craven."
我知道你不是懦夫。”
"Does my father?"
“我父亲也知道?”
The hoary old warrior looked as if he had bitten into something he did not like the taste of.
头发灰白的老战士面露苦色,活像咬到什么难受的食物。
"It is only... Theon, the Boy Wolf is your friend, and these Starks had you for ten years."
“这只是……席恩,那个少狼主是你的朋友,史塔克家把你留了十年。”
"I am no Stark." Lord Eddard saw to that.
“我不是史塔克。”艾德公爵凝视着他。
"I am a Greyjoy, and I mean to be my father's heir.
“我是葛雷乔伊,我想成为父亲的传人。
How can I do that unless I prove myself with some great deed?"
如果我不干出几番大事业,证明给别人看看,又怎么做得到呢?”
"You are young. Other wars will come, and you shall do your great deeds.
“你还年轻,战争的机会多的是,满可以立下很多功业。
For now, we are commanded to harry the Stony Shore."
然而这次,我们的任务只是抢掠磐石海岸啊。”
"Let my uncle Aeron see to it.
“这任务让伊伦叔叔负责就好。
I'll give him six ships, all but Foamdrinker and Sea Bitch, and he can burn and drown to his god's surfeit."
除了豪饮和海婊子,我把剩下的六条船都拨给他。他可以为着他那神灵的欲望随意烧杀淹溺。”
"The command was given you, not Aeron Damphair."
“但任务是交给你的,不是给湿发伊伦。”
"So long as the harrying is done, what does it matter?
“达到抢掠骚扰的目的就行,谁执行有什么区别?
No priest could do what I mean to, nor what I ask of you.
牧师想不到我打算的事,更办不了我想请您办的事。
I have a task that only Dagmer Cleftjaw can accomplish."
我有一个任务,只有裂颚达格摩这样的人方能完成。”
Dagmer took a long draught from his horn. "Tell me."
达格摩举起角杯,深吸一口。“告诉我。”
He is tempted, Theon thought.
他被打动了,席恩心想,
He likes this reaver's work no better than I do.
他和我一样对这强盗的勾当没兴趣。
"If my sister can take a castle, so can I'
“如果说我姐姐能拿下一座城堡,那么我也能。”
"Asha has four or five times the men we do."
“阿莎的人手是我们的四五倍。”
Theon allowed himself a sly smile.
席恩狡黠地笑道:
"But we have four times the wits, and five times the courage."
“而我们有四倍于她的机智,五倍于她的勇气。”
"Your father—"
“你父亲——”
"—will thank me, when I hand him his kingdom.
“——会感谢我,当我把一整个王国拱手献上时。
I mean to do a deed that the harpers will sing of for a thousand years."
我所计划的行动将让歌手们传唱千年。”
He knew that would give Dagmer pause.
他料到这句话会让达格摩踌躇。
A singer had made a song about the axe that cracked his jaw in half, and the old man loved to hear it.
一个歌手曾写过一首关于他粉碎的下巴和斧头的歌,老人很爱听。
Whenever he was in his cups he would call for a reaving song, something loud and stormy that told of dead heroes and deeds of wild valor.
每当喝得酩酊大醉,他便呼喝着高唱古代掠夺者们的歌谣——那些喧吵激烈,歌颂逝去的英雄和蛮荒的勇武的曲谣。