I don't have a speech prepared by my husband because he winged every single speech.
我丈夫并没有准备好什么演讲稿,因为他每一次演讲都是即兴发挥的。
He was intelligent, eloquent and gifted at many things, including public speaking.
他非常聪明、口才好,很多事情上都很有天赋,包括公开演讲。
However, I do know that he would think everyone that helped him get here,
但是,我知道他会感谢帮助他取得今天这般成就的每一位,
including the people that doubted him and the people that worked against him and told him he couldn't attain his goals.
包括质疑他的人、与他作对并断定他一事无成的人。
He would thank all of them and motivating him to be here.
他会感谢所有那些人,感谢他们激励他走到今天。
After all, he proved you wrong.
终究,他证明那些人错了。
All of the athletes that accept the Hall of Fame Award share the fact that they have sacrificed a part of their lives to dedicate more time to their craft.
所有入选名人堂的运动员都认同一点,那就是他们都牺牲了一部分生活,把更多时间投入训练以提升球技。
It takes a lot of self-drive, dedication and discipline.
这需要自我激励、付出和自律。
No one can take away from their own success.
每个人的成功都是属于自己的。
Kobe's personal stats, speak for themselves.
科比的个人数据说明了一切。
Kobe was on a different level. He never took shortcuts when it came to basketball. He gave this game his all.
科比和别人所站的高度不同。他在篮球上从不走捷径。他为篮球付出了一切。
Kobe played through injury after injury.
科比战胜了一次又一次伤病。
To name a few, he had IVs administered during halftimes to play with food poisoning and the flu.
比如,他曾在半场时打点滴治疗食物中毒,流感后上场比赛。
He played with a broken nose.
他曾忍着鼻梁骨折打比赛。
He had a broken finger and had it snap back in place, just enough to finish the game.
他曾手指脱臼,但当场复位后坚持打完了比赛。
He also taught himself how to use his left hand to play the rest of the season while his finger healed.
在手指康复期间,他还训练自己的左手技术来打完赛季剩余的比赛。
He even switched to free throws, with a torn Achilles and walked off the court, on his own.
他甚至在跟腱断裂的情况下完成了两次罚球,然后自己走下场。
I'll never forget the look he gave me as he walked off the court that game. I knew it was bad.
我永远不会忘记那场比赛他走下场时看我的表情。我知道情况很糟。
The crowd was cheering, and I was reassuring Natalia and Giana that daddy would be OK, just like any other injury.
当时球迷们在欢呼,而我忙着安慰娜塔莉亚和吉安娜,告诉她们爸爸不会有事,会像之前一样战胜伤病。
But as he walked into the tunnel, there was no wink and was no kiss blown my way.
但是,他走进球员通道时,没有向我眨眼,也没有飞吻。
I could see the concerned look on his face. That injury was big, but his comeback from that injury was bigger.
我能看见他凝重的表情。那次受伤非常严重,但他能从伤病中恢复过来更让人震撼。
People don't know this, but one of the reasons my husband played for injuries and pain
大家不知道我丈夫为什么总是带伤作战,其中一个原因是,
was because he said I remember being a little kid sitting in the nosebleeds with his dad to watch my favorite player play.
他说他记得小时候曾经流着鼻血,和他的父亲一起去看他最喜欢的球员打球。
He could recall the car ride, the convos and the excitement of being lucky enough to have a seat in the arena.
他能回忆起那次的车程、当时吃的套餐,以及有幸得到一张球票的兴奋劲儿。
Kobe didn't want to disappoint his fans, especially the ones in the 300 sections that saved up to watch him play.
科比不想让他的球迷失望,尤其是后排的那些球迷,他们攒了很久才凑够了买球票的钱。
The kids with the same excitement he once had.
那些孩子像他当初那样兴奋不已。
I remember asking him why he couldn't just sit a game out because he was hurting.
我记得当时就问过他,为什么不选择休战一场,因为他受伤了。
He said, "What about the fans that saved up to watch me play just once?"
他说:“很多球迷攒钱买票只为来看我一场比赛。”
He never forgot about his fans.
他从来不会忘记他的球迷。
If he could help it, he would play every minute of every game. He loves you all so much.
如果可以,他愿意打满每场比赛。他真的还爱你们。