This is an American Red Cross blood donation Center in Washington DC.
这是位于华盛顿特区的美国红十字会献血中心。
This blood donor headed here right after work.
这位献血者下班后就来了。
My mother is a nurse and she gives blood pretty regularly and she's talking about it.
我妈妈是一名护士,她经常献血,总是说起这件事。
And so I think I just did the Google search.
所以我就谷歌了一下。
She works at a hospital, but... yeah, she mentioned it, she expected...
她在医院工作,但……对,她提过,希望……
And didn't have a lot going on today, so I decided I'll check into it.
今天也没什么事,所以我决定来看看。
Sean Brennan is an American Red Cross honorary blood donor from Memphis, Tennessee.
肖恩·布伦南是美国红十字会荣誉献血者,来自田纳西州孟菲斯。
He's been donating blood for more than three decades.
他已经献血30多年了。
It started when back in the 1990s, a co-worker was heading out at lunch time.
最初是从20世纪90年代开始的,当时一位同事在午餐的时间出去了。
And we were just talking and he happened to say he was going to go donate blood.
我们当时正在聊天,他刚好说要去献血。
And I had never done that before.
我之前从来没献过血。
And I asked a few questions and then a week later I scheduled an appointment I donated.
我问了几个问题,一周后我预约了献血。
And I said, wow, I can do this so I made another appointment.
我就想,哇,这个我可以做诶,所以我又预约了一次。
And then the next thing, you know, decades later I've made my 500 donation.
之后,在接下来的几十年里,我献了500次血。
Despite regular donations from thousands of Americans, US blood banks are short of certain types of blood.
尽管有成千上万的美国人定期献血,美国的血库仍然缺少某些血型的血液。
According to the Red Cross, the number of blood donors in the us dropped by 10% in August 2021.
根据红十字会的数据,2021年8月,美国献血者数量下降了10%。
We are at the lowest levels of inventory for this time of year since 2015.
我们的库存处于2015年以来的最低水平。
And we have less than a one day supply for certain blood types.
而且我们这里某些血型的血液量不足一天的供给。
Ideally we would be ought to have 5 days' supply.
理想情况下,我们应该有5天的供应储备。
Red Cross officials say donors have become less active since COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted with more people focusing on other things after staying home for so long.
红十字会官员表示,自新冠限制解除以来,捐赠者没有之前那么活跃了,很多人在待在家中这么长时间后,把注意力放在了其他事情上。
Now the rise in Delta virus cases has brought new challenges to blood drive efforts as well as new restrictions and fears.
现在,德尔塔病毒病例的增加给鼓励献血的工作带来了新的挑战,也带来了新的限制和恐惧。
You know, we collect at high schools, colleges, sporting events, businesses.
我们从高中,大学,体育赛事,企业中收集血液。
And there have been shifts in our ability to collect in these types of venues due to changing restrictions.
由于限制不断变化,我们在这些场所采血的能力也在变化。
Alaski says the Red Cross services about 40% of US hospitals making any shortages a national issue.
Alaski说,红十字会服务大约40%的美国医院,这样一来,任何短缺将是全国性问题。
So, for me, I've worked here at Carter BloodCare for 13 years.
就我来说,我在卡特血液护理公司工作了13年。
And in that 13 years my role has been to work directly with the hospitals that we serve in the patient needs that they meet.
在这13年里,我的职责是直接与我们所服务的医院合作,满足病人的需求。
And I've never seen it this bad.
我从没见过这么糟糕的情况。
Both the Red Cross and regional blood banks are encouraging people to donate blood.
红十字会和地区血库都在鼓励人们献血。
We're doing arms scrub, quick pinch for that needle stick.
我们要做擦拭手臂消毒,快速捏一下针头。
And then it's about 5 to 8 minutes that you're actually giving blood.
然后你真正献血的时间大约是5到8分钟。
Then you're done.
然后就结束了。
You get a snack and you've done it.
你拿上个零食,就完成了。
The Red Cross says it's encouraging people to donate blood as they adjust to new routines.
红十字会表示,他们鼓励人们献血,同时他们也调整了献血的新流程。
And it's the agency works around the clock to meet the hospital demands for life-saving blood.
该机构在马不停蹄地工作,以满足医院对救命血液的需求。