手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

回声定位--用声音感知

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, Squeaks, have you seen Sam around?

嗨,吱吱,你在附近看到萨姆了吗?

Oh right, I forgot that Sam was going to visit his family today.

哦,对了,我忘了萨姆今天要去拜访他的家人。

They live in a cave not too far from here.

他们住在离这里不远的山洞里。

Sam is brave.

萨姆是勇敢的。

But Squeaks, what do you think would be scary about living in a cave?

但是吱吱,你觉得住在山洞里有什么可怕的?

Oh, you’re afraid of running into things in the dark?

你害怕在黑暗中撞到东西吗?

It could be a bit scary trying to get around in the dark if you aren’t used to it.

如果你不习惯,在黑暗中行走可能会有点可怕。

Most people use their eyes to help figure out where they’re going, and you do too, Squeaks.

大多数人用眼睛来辨别方向, 吱吱,你也是。

In the dark, you and I can’t see if there’s a wall, or chair in our way, and we might trip.

在黑暗中,你和我都看不到是否有墙或椅子挡住我们的去路,我们可能会绊倒。

But Sam and much of his bat family have a special way to help get around their cave safely.

但山姆和他的蝙蝠家族有一种特殊的方法来帮助他们安全地在洞穴里走动。

Bats can use echolocation.

蝙蝠可以利用回声定位。

Well, do you know what an echo is, Squeaks?

吱吱,你知道回声是什么吗?

That’s right!

这是正确的!

An echo is when sound bounces off of things, and you can hear the sound again and again.

回声是声音从物体上反射回来,你可以反复听到这种声音。

Like when you shout in a big room… room… room…

就像你在一个大房间里大喊大叫……

Echo-location is using echos to locate, or find, objects around you,

回声定位就是利用回声来定位或找到你周围的物体,

like the walls of a cave, or Sam’s favorite chair.

比如洞穴的墙壁,或者山姆最喜欢的椅子。

Bats can make a special sound that travels through the air and bounces off of objects.

蝙蝠能发出一种特殊的声音,这种声音在空气中传播,并在物体上反弹。

When the sound bounces back to the bat’s big ears, the bat can tell how far away the object is, and sometimes even what it is!

当声音反射回蝙蝠的大耳朵时,蝙蝠可以分辨出物体有多远,有时甚至可以分辨出它是什么!

Bats have really big ears, so that they can catch a lot of sounds!

蝙蝠有很大的耳朵,因此他们可以捕捉很多声音!

Bats can echolocate to get around in the dark, to avoid flying into cave walls or trees outside.

蝙蝠可以通过回声定位来在黑暗中四处走动,以避免飞进洞壁或外面的树上。

And they can also use it to find flying bugs to eat.

它们还可以用它来寻找飞行的虫子来吃。

Echolocation is a pretty amazing skill, and it’s not just bats who can do it.

回声定位是一项非常惊人的技能,而且不仅仅是蝙蝠能做到。

Because it’s so helpful for finding your way in the dark, some other animals who live in dark places can also echolocate!

因为它对你在黑暗中找到路非常有帮助,一些生活在黑暗地方的其他动物也可以进行回声定位!

Some birds who live in caves, like oilbirds and swiftlets, can echolocate like bats do.

一些生活在洞穴中的鸟类,如油鸱和金丝燕,可以像蝙蝠一样发出回声定位。

And there are other very dark habitats, or places that animals live, where echolocation comes in handy.

在其他一些非常黑暗的栖息地,或者动物生活的地方,回声定位就派上了用场。

Squeaks, can you think of any other habitats that can get really, really dark?

吱吱,你还能想到其他非常非常黑暗的栖息地吗?

The ocean does get super dark below the surface.

海洋表面以下确实会变得超级黑暗。

Some creatures who live in the ocean, like dolphins, can echolocate, too.

一些生活在海洋中的生物,比如海豚,也能进行回声定位。

Dolphins are really good at making different sounds.

海豚非常擅长发出不同的声音。

Just like the bats, they make special sounds that travel away from them and bounce off of objects nearby.

就像蝙蝠一样,它们发出特殊的声音,这些声音从它们身边传播出去,然后被附近的物体弹开。

That’s true, dolphins don’t have big ears to catch sounds.

这是真的,海豚没有大耳朵来捕捉声音。

The dolphins actually use their heads to tell when the sound bounces back to them.

海豚实际上是用它们的头来判断声音什么时候传回的。

The bounces let them know the direction of fish and other creatures around them.

这些反弹让它们知道周围鱼类和其他生物的方向。

Can you think of any other places to live where it might be dark?

你还能想到其他可能很暗的地方吗?

There are a lot of animals who live in tunnels, aren’t there?

有很多动物生活在隧道里,不是吗?

Like shrews!

像鼩鼱!

Those are small furry animals who spend a lot of time burrowing underground.

这些毛茸茸的小动物花了很多时间在地下挖洞。

Scientists have been studying how they get around in their dark tunnels,

科学家们一直在研究它们如何在黑暗的隧道中活动,

and it looks like they make lots of special clicking sounds, especially when they’re in new and unfamiliar places.

看起来它们会发出很多特殊的咔哒声,尤其是当它们在新的、不熟悉的地方时。

Exactly!

完全正确!

The scientists think the shrews might be echolocating.

科学家们认为鼩鼱可能在进行回声定位。

Though they’ll have to study more to know for sure.

尽管他们还需要更多的研究才能确定。

I’m sure that you would be very brave in the dark if you could echolocate.

如果你能进行回声定位,我相信你在黑暗中会非常勇敢。

But even though most of us can’t echolocate,

但即使我们大多数人无法进行回声定位,

I have another idea for a tool to help you be brave and get around in the dark.

我有另一个想法,可以让你变得勇敢,在黑暗中行走。

You can take my flashlight, so you can still see, even if you’re in a dark space.

你可以拿着我的手电筒,这样即使在黑暗的地方,你也能看见。

You’re welcome, Squeaks!

不客气,尖叫声!

What dark habitats would you explore if you could echolocate?

如果你能进行回声定位,你会探索什么样的黑暗栖息地?

Would you explore caves like a bat?

你会像蝙蝠一样探索洞穴吗?

Or swim through the deep ocean like a dolphin?

或者像海豚一样在深海里游泳?

Remember, if you’d like to keep discovering more amazing animal skills with Squeaks and me, and all of our friends, click the subscribe button below.

记住,如果你想和我、吱吱以及我们所有的朋友一起继续探索更多神奇的动物技能,请点击下面的订阅按钮。

We’ll see you next time, here at the Fort.

我们下期见,福特堡等你。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
locate [ləu'keit]

想一想再看

vt. 把 ... 设置在,使坐落于,找出
v

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
unfamiliar ['ʌnfə'miljə]

想一想再看

adj. 不熟悉的

 
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。