According to statistics, only a small percentage of you who watch our videos are actually subscribed.
据统计,只有一小部分看过我们视频的人真正订阅了我们的视频。
So, if you haven't, and at the end of the video, you enjoy what you see, do consider subscribing.
所以,如果你没有订阅,在视频的最后,如果你喜欢这个视频,一定要考虑订阅。
It would help a lot with YouTube's algorithm in promoting more of our mental health content.
这将帮助用YouTube的算法来推广我们更多的心理健康内容。
Thanks for being here.
谢谢你能看到这里。
Romance is in the air.
空气中弥漫着浪漫的气息。
Your heart is racing. Your stomach is filled with butterflies.
你的心跳得很快。你的心里七上八下。
And you can't help but imagine a future with the person you know you are in love with.
你会情不自禁地想象和你所爱的人在一起的未来。
You are in love.
你坠入爱河了。
But what does this mean exactly?
但这到底是什么意思呢?
I mean, in this scenario, this is the first time you've fallen in love.
我是说,在这种情况下,这是你第一次坠入爱河。
What are the little things to know that can make a world of difference in your relationship?
你需要知道哪些小事可以让你们的关系发生天翻地覆的变化呢?
If only you knew these things.
如果你知道这些事情就好了。
Well, Psych2Go is here to help you.
嗯,Psych2Go是来帮你的。
Here are seven things to know when you first fall in love.
当你第一次坠入爱河时,这里有七件事要知道。
One, you can change.
第一,你可以改变。
You may think you will never become a diehard fan of "The Bachelor", or any other reality TV show, or perhaps you've sworn off the taste of jello.
你可能认为自己永远不会成为《单身汉》(The Bachelor)或任何其他电视真人秀节目的铁杆粉丝,或者你可能发誓不再吃果冻。
Is it a solid, a liquid? What is it?
它是固体的还是液体的?那是什么?
Well, these ideas of yours may change when you fall in love, not specifically with jello and reality TV, but your interests and personality traits may change.
好吧,当你坠入爱河时,你的这些想法可能会改变,不是因为果冻或真人秀节目,而是你的兴趣和个性特征可能会改变。
According to a study, published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, people in love will find themselves with different personality traits and interests after entering into their respective relationships.
根据发表在“人格与社会心理学杂志”上的一项研究,恋爱中的人在进入各自的关系后会发现自己具有不同的性格特征和兴趣。
One of the authors of the study suggests individual self-esteem often increases along with gaining a more diverse sense of self.
这项研究的一位作者表示,个人自尊通常会随着获得更多样化的自我意识而增加。
Two, fear and judgment will decrease.
第二,恐惧和判断力会减少。
Love has its many benefits.
爱情有很多好处。
One common one is that your ability to make overly critical assessments can shut down.
一个常见的问题是,你做出过于苛刻的评估的能力可能会被关闭。
One study suggests this further.
一项研究进一步表明了这一点。
The study was conducted by married couple, Richard Schwartz and Jacqueline Olds, professors at Harvard Medical School and couples therapists.
这项研究是由哈佛大学医学院教授、夫妻治疗师理查德·施瓦茨和杰奎琳·奥尔兹这对夫妇开展的。
In a study, they looked into the science behind the common term, "Love is blind."
在一项研究中,他们研究了“爱情是盲目的”这一常用语背后的科学。
And in a piece published by Harvard University, Schwartz explained that feelings of love deactivate neural pathways responsible for negative emotions.
在哈佛大学发表的一篇文章中,施瓦茨解释说,爱的感觉会使负责负面情绪的神经通路失效。
Which ones, you ask? Some are fear and social judgment.
你会问是哪几个?有些是恐惧和社会判断。
Three, love can make you sick.
第三,爱情会让你生病。
Are you love sick? Have you felt the pain of heartbreak?
你是不是得了相思病?你有没有感受到心碎的痛苦?
Well, beside the stress and sadness a broken heart can cause, love can also have the chance to make you more prone to coming down sick.
嗯,除了心碎会带来的压力和悲伤之外,爱也有机会让你更容易生病。
Love can raise levels of cortisol.
爱情可以提高皮质醇的水平。
The stress hormone, cortisol, can increase the odds of making you sick, as it has been shown to suppress immune function.
压力荷尔蒙,皮质醇,会增加你生病的几率,因为它已经被证明会抑制免疫功能。
Four, misunderstandings are bound to happen.
第四,误会在所难免。
When you first fall in love, you may think everything is meant to be perfectly perfect in every single way, but misunderstandings are bound to happen eventually.
当你第一次坠入爱河时,你可能认为每件事都应该是完美的,但最终肯定会发生误解。
This isn't the end of the world, though.
不过,这并不是世界末日。
You may have thought your partner meant this, when they meant that.
你可能认为你的伴侣是这个意思,当他们是那个意思的时候。
Maybe your partner thought you behaved a certain way when you do the exact opposite.
也许你的伴侣认为你的行为方式恰恰相反。
Don't let simple confusion disrupt your feelings for each other, or the growth of your relationship.
不要让简单的困惑扰乱了你们对彼此的感情,或者影响你们关系的发展。
If it's serious, discuss it.
如果事情很严重,那就讨论一下。
If it's really no big deal, it's no big deal, really.
如果真的没什么大不了的,那也没什么大不了的,真的。
Five, they aren't your missing piece.
五,它们不是你丢失的那块。
Many can seek out love or be drawn to someone in hopes they will complete them and make them one again.
许多人会寻找爱,或者被某人吸引,希望他们将使他们的感觉完整,一次次寻找。
Yes, your lifelong partner can be one of the biggest parts of your life, but it can be unhealthy to look for a partner in hopes they'll make you feel complete.
是的,你的终生伴侣可能是你生活中最重要的部分之一,但为了让你感觉完整而寻找伴侣可能是不健康的。
If you do feel empty, a partner may appear to make you feel better for a while.
如果你确实感到空虚,伴侣可能会让你在一段时间内感觉好一些。
But after due time, those empty feelings will only arise again.
但是过了适当的时间,那些空虚的感觉只会再次出现。
Feeling complete and finding your purpose is a journey you must discover within yourself first.
感觉完整并找到你的目标,这是一段你必须首先发现自己内心的旅程。
Yes, you can do this by your partner's side too, but relationships tend to be more successful when we already know who we are, and what it is we want out of life.
是的,你也可以在你的伴侣身边这样做,但是当我们已经知道我们是谁,知道我们想要从生活中得到什么时,关系往往会更成功。
Then, our perfect match may just follow.
然后,我们的完美匹配对象可能就会随之而来。
Six, their values can change.
第六,他们的价值观可以改变。
Couples often become a good match based on similar values.
基于相似的价值观,夫妻往往会很般配。
It's one of the fundamentals of any healthy relationship, but partners can change.
这是任何健康关系的基础之一,但伴侣是可以改变的。
Perhaps, your love has just received a new job and has to move to the city for their future.
也许,你的爱人刚刚得到一份新的工作,为了他们的未来不得不搬到城市去。
But something you originally both connected on was living the peaceful, simple life in a quiet, serene town.
但你们最初的共同点是在一个宁静的小镇上过着平静、简单的生活。
Those big city lights just aren't your thing.
那些大城市的灯光不是你的菜。
And since you can't imagine yourself living downtown, and their circumstances have now changed, it might be time to move on.
既然你无法想象自己住在市中心,而他们的情况现在又发生了变化,那么可能是时候离开了。
You both have different goals and desires now.
你们现在都有不同的目标和愿望。
Couples fall in love.
情侣们坠入爱河。
And although they may not always fall out of love right away, they may not be a good match anymore.
尽管他们可能不会总是马上失恋,但他们可能不再是很好的伴侣。
The important thing is you still have the opportunity to fall in love with someone who now matches the person you've become.
重要的是,你仍然有机会爱上一个和你现在的样子相匹配的人。
Seven, learn to love yourself first.
第七,先学会爱自己。
One of the greatest things to jumpstart a healthy relationship, loving yourself first.
要想开启一段健康的关系,最重要的事情之一就是首先爱自己。
In fact, your relationship with yourself is the most important aspect of your existence.
事实上,你与自己的关系是你存在的最重要的方面。
You should focus on.
你应该专注。
We tend to push aside our conflicting feelings and suppress the unpleasant emotions deep inside us.
我们倾向于把矛盾的感觉放在一边,压抑内心深处的不愉快情绪。
We can lash out at ourselves when we feel we're not good enough.
当我们觉得自己不够好的时候,我们可以猛烈抨击自己。
Doing so, we continue down the road of negative thoughts and self-hate.
这样做,我们就会继续走消极思想和自我仇恨的道路。
One of the most crucial things you can do in life is to expand from your narrowing beliefs and learn to love yourself.
生活中你能做的最重要的事情之一就是从狭隘的信仰中扩展,学会爱自己。
Treat yourself with the compassion and care you'd like from others.
用你想从别人那里得到的同情和关怀来对待自己。
Working on self-love can improve your self-esteem and grow your confidence.
自爱可以提高你的自尊,增强你的自信。
Respect yourself first.
首先要尊重自己。
Then, your heart will be open to finding your true love and loving them and yourself freely.
然后,你的内心就会敞开,去寻找你的真爱,自由地爱他们,爱你自己。
So, have you learned something new about love?
那么,你有没有学到一些关于爱情的新东西?
Where are you in your self-love journey?
在你的自爱之旅中,你在哪里?
Have you recently found your first love?
你最近找到初恋了吗?
Or are you hoping you will in the near future?
或者你希望在不久的将来你会遇到?
Share with us in the comments.
请在评论中与我们分享。
If you found this video helpful, don't forget to click the like button.
如果你觉得这个视频很有帮助,别忘了点击“点赞”按钮。
And share this video with someone you love.
和你爱的人分享这段视频。
It may help them learn something new to grow your relationship for the better.
这可能会帮助他们学到一些新东西,让你们的关系变得更好。
Subscribe to Psych2Go and hit the notification bell icon for more content like this.
订阅Psych2Go,点击通知铃图标,就可以获得更多这样的内容。
As always, thanks for watching.
一如既往,感谢您的收看。