手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第111期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 凯特琳(07)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Lord Hoster’s private audience chamber was a small room above the Great Hall, better suited to intimate discussions.

霍斯特公爵的私人会客室在大厅顶上,屋子较小,适合私秘交流。

Robb took the high seat, removed his crown, and set it on the floor beside him as Catelyn rang for wine.

罗柏就座高位,脱下王冠,置于身边地上,凯特琳摇铃传唤上酒,

Edmure was filling his uncle’s ear with the whole story of the fight at the Stone Mill.

艾德慕则向叔叔灌输石磨坊之役的经过。

It was only after the servants had come and gone that the Blackfish cleared his throat and said,

等仆人们离开后,黑鱼清清嗓子,

“I think we’ve all heard sufficient of your boasting, Nephew.”

“我们已经听够了你的卖弄,侄儿。”

Edmure was taken aback.

艾德慕糊涂了。

“Boasting? What do you mean?”

“卖弄?您什么意思?”

“I mean,” said the Blackfish, “that you owe His Grace your thanks for his forbearance.

“我的意思是,”黑鱼说,“你该感谢陛下的宽容。

He played out that mummer’s farce in the Great Hall so as not to shame you before your own people.

他在大厅里演戏,以免你在自家封臣面前出丑。

Had it been me I would have flayed you for your stupidity rather than praising this folly of the fords.”

如果换作我,将毫不留情地严斥你的愚笨,决不会赞扬那些许微功!”

“Good men died to defend those fords, Uncle.”

“渡口一战中,无数勇士献出生命,叔叔,您应该尊重他们。”

Edmure sounded outraged.

艾德慕很生气,

“What, is no one to win victories but the Young Wolf?

“怎么啦,除了少狼主,就没人该获得胜利?

Did I steal some glory meant for you, Robb?”

我抢走了属于您的荣耀,罗柏?”

“Your Grace,” Robb corrected, icy.

“陛下,”罗柏冷淡地纠正。

“You took me for your king, Uncle.

“你是否承认我是你的国王,舅舅,

Or have you forgotten that as well?”

是否连这点也记不住?”

The Blackfish said,

黑鱼道,

“You were commanded to hold Riverrun, Edmure, no more.”

“给你的命令是留守奔流城,艾德慕,仅此而已。”

“I held Riverrun, and I bloodied Lord Tywin’s nose—”

“我守住了奔流城,还挫败泰温公爵……”

“So you did,” said Robb.

“确实如此,”罗柏说,

“But a bloody nose won’t win the war, will it?

“但挫败不等于胜利,对不对?

Did you ever think to ask yourself why we remained in the west so long after Oxcross?

你有没有扪心自问,牛津战役后我们为何还在西境久留?

You knew I did not have enough men to threaten Lannisport or Casterly Rock.”

你知道我没有足够力量威胁兰尼斯港或凯岩城。”

“Why … there were other castles … gold, cattle …”

“为何……为了占领其他城堡……金钱,牲畜……”

“You think we stayed for plunder?”

“见鬼,你以为我们留下来当强盗?”

Robb was incredulous.

罗柏难以置信地说,

“Uncle, I wanted Lord Tywin to come west.”

“舅舅,我正是要引泰温公爵西进。”

“We were all horsed,” Ser Brynden said.

“我军是马队,”布林登爵士解释,

“The Lannister host was mainly foot.

“兰尼斯特军泰半是步兵。

We planned to run Lord Tywin a merry chase up and down the coast,

我们计划让泰温公爵高高兴兴地追上一段,直到海边,

then slip behind him to take up a strong defensive position athwart the gold road,

然后从旁溜过去,横穿黄金大道,占据稳固的防守位置。

at a place my scouts had found where the ground would have been greatly in our favor.

我的斥侯找到了地方,地形极为有利,

If he had come at us there, he would have paid a grievous price.

如果他在那儿发动攻击,将付出惨重代价;

But if he did not attack, he would have been trapped in the west, a thousand leagues from where he needed to be.

如果他不进攻,则会被困在西境,不仅距离需要他的地方千里之遥,

All the while we would have lived off his land, instead of him living off ours.”

而且始终消耗着自己的资源,而不是掠夺三河诸侯。”

“Lord Stannis was about to fall upon King’s Landing,” Robb said.

“与此同时,史坦尼斯公爵将打下君临城,”罗柏说,

“He might have rid us of Joffrey, the queen, and the Imp in one red stroke.

“帮我们一笔勾销乔佛里、太后和小恶魔,

Then we might have been able to make a peace.”

然后我就与他讲和。”

Edmure looked from uncle to nephew.

艾德慕看看叔叔,又看看外甥,

“You never told me.”

“你们从未把计划告诉我。”

“I told you to hold Riverrun,” said Robb.

“我告诉你守住奔流城,”罗柏说,

“What part of that command did you fail to comprehend?”

“这道命令,什么地方你无法理解?”

“When you stopped Lord Tywin on the Red Fork,” said the Blackfish,

“你在红叉河阻住泰温公爵,”黑鱼说,

“you delayed him just long enough for riders out of Bitterbridge to reach him with word of what was happening to the east.

“呵,挡得可真久,刚好让苦桥来的信使赶上他的军队。

Lord Tywin turned his host at once, joined up with Matthis Rowan and Randyll Tarly near the headwaters of the Blackwater,

泰温公爵立即让部队掉头,在黑水河源头附近跟马图斯·罗宛与蓝道·塔利会合,

and made a forced march to Tumbler’s Falls, where he found Mace Tyrell and two of his sons waiting with a huge host and a fleet of barges.

急行军到翻斗瀑——梅斯·提利尔和他两个儿子正带着大军和驳船队等在那里。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
plunder ['plʌndə]

想一想再看

v. 掠夺,抢劫,抢夺 n. 抢夺,掠夺品,战利品

联想记忆
imp [imp]

想一想再看

n. 小恶魔,顽童 v. 装上翅膀,移植羽毛 abbr.

联想记忆
command [kə'mɑ:nd]

想一想再看

n. 命令,指挥,控制
v. 命令,指挥,支配

联想记忆
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 优美,优雅,恩惠
vt. 使荣耀,使优美

联想记忆
threaten ['θretn]

想一想再看

v. 威胁,恐吓

 
mace [meis]

想一想再看

n. 钉头槌,狼牙棒 n. 权标,执权标者 vt. 向

联想记忆
incredulous [in'kredjuləs]

想一想再看

adj. 怀疑的,不轻信的

联想记忆
stroke [strəuk]

想一想再看

n. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风,

联想记忆
slip [slip]

想一想再看

v. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱
n. 滑倒,溜走

 
defend [di'fend]

想一想再看

v. 防护,辩护,防守

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。