Yeah, I know ... I ... I ... I ... I love it.
是,我知道,我……我挺喜欢的。
Yeah, I mean, I did...I did say I want a haircut and I didn't specify which.
是,我是说,我确实说我想剪头发,我没说剪什么样的。
So, yeah. A Mohawk is ... is great.
所以,对,这个莫西干发型……挺好的。
No, I swear, happy tears. These are happy tears. Thank you.
不,我发誓,这是快乐的眼泪,快乐的眼泪,谢谢你。
Mini English Lessons
迷你英语课
We've all been there, crying on our way back from the salon
我们都遇到过这种情况,哭着从理发店走出来,
because we didn't get what we want.
因为我们得到想要的发型。
And today, I'm gonna help you minimise the risk of that ever happening again.
今天我要帮你把这种情况发生的风险降到最低。
In today's Mini English Lesson, we're going to go through different expressions that you can use at the salon to make your request clear and detailed.
在今天迷你英语课中,我们看一些你在理发店可以使用的表达,让你能清楚、详细地提出要求。
But before we get started, we need to be very clear about what you want and also, and more importantly, what you don't want.
但在开始之前,我们要弄清楚你想要什么,以及更重要的是你不想要什么。
So we need to use a mixture of do's and don'ts.
所以我们既要用do,又要用don't。
For example, I'd like to get face-shaping layers but I don't want bangs.
比如,我想要修饰脸型的层次感发型,但我不想要刘海。
In that request, I made what I want very clear,
在提这个要求时,我很清楚地说了我想要什么,
and I also made what I don't want quite clear.
我也很清楚地说了我不想要什么。
Saying, I would like a haircut is very vague, and that won't do.
只说“我想剪头发”是非常模糊的,这样不行。
You need to be very clear about what you want, and most importantly, what you don't want.
你需要非常清楚地说出你想要什么,以及更重要的是你不想要什么。
Another word that you can use is just, highlighting the fact that you want a very small change.
另一个可以用的单词是just(稍微,只),强调你只想要很小的改变。
For example, I'd like just a trim, not that much, just a trim.
比如:我只想把头发修一下,不要剪太多,只是稍微修一下。
If you don't know what you want or if you're craving a drastic change, then you can say, you have carte blanche to do whatever you want.
如果你不知道自己想要什么,或者你想要巨大的改变,那么你可以说:师傅你看着剪就行/你全权处理/你自由决定。
And the proper way to say is carte blanche.
这时候的恰当表达是carte blanche(自由决定权)。
By the way, carte blanche is borrowed from French.
顺便说一下,这个词来自法语。
You can watch my other Mini English Lesson to find out more about borrowed words used in English.
大家可以看看我的其他迷你英语课,发现英语中的很多外来词。
Another request that you can make is, could you please just straighten my hair as opposed to curling my hair?
你可以提的另一个要求是:你能把我的头发拉直吗?不要烫卷。
So when you're making requests about something that's very dear and important to you, try a mixture of do's and don'ts to get your message across.
所以如果你提的要求对你非常非常重要,请试试既用do,又用don't,把你的信息清楚传达出去。
If all else fails, you can use this Mini English Lesson to show your hairstylist exactly what you want.
实在不行的话,你可以用这个迷你英语课视频,告诉理发师你到底想要什么发型。