手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第305期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 艾莉亚(04)

编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Lord Beric gazed at Lem with a queer look in his good eye and no look at all in the other, only scars and dried blood.

贝里伯爵注视柠檬,完好的眼睛带着古怪的神情,另一只眼睛则什么也无,唯有伤疤和干血。

“No better healer,” he agreed wearily.

“最好的医生,”他谨慎地赞同,

“Lem, past time to change the watch, I’d think.

“柠檬,换岗时间到,

See to it, if you’d be so good.”

麻烦你负责一下。”

“Aye, m’lord.”

“是,大人。”

Lem’s big yellow cloak swirled behind him as he strode out into the windy night.

柠檬走出去,跨入夜风中,大黄斗篷在身后飞舞。

“Even brave men blind themselves sometimes, when they are afraid to see,”

“当勇士害怕真相时,也会蒙蔽自己的眼睛,”

Lord Beric said when Lem was gone.

柠檬离开后,贝里伯爵评论。

“Thoros, how many times have you brought me back now?”

“索罗斯,到目前为止,你已复活了我多少次?”

The red priest bowed his head.

红袍僧侣低头,

“It is R’hllor who brings you back, my lord.

“是拉赫洛把您救回来的,大人。

The Lord of Light.

光之王

I am only his instrument.”

我只是光之王的工具。”

“How many times?”

“多少次?”

Lord Beric insisted.

贝里伯爵坚持。

“Six,” Thoros said reluctantly.

“六次,”索罗斯勉强地说,

“And each time is harder.

“一次比一次艰难。

You have grown reckless, my lord.

您变得太无畏了,大人,

Is death so very sweet?”

死亡真的如此甜美?”

“Sweet?

“甜美?

No, my friend.

不,我的朋友,

Not sweet.”

那并不甜美。”

“Then do not court it so.

“那就不要急着追求它。

Lord Tywin leads from the rear.

泰温公爵总在后方坐镇。

Lord Stannis as well.

史坦尼斯公爵亦是如此。

You would be wise to do the same.

你也应该这样,这样比较明智。

A seventh death might mean the end of both of us.”

第七次的死亡也许意味着我俩的末日。”

Lord Beric touched the spot above his left ear where his temple was caved in.

贝里伯爵摸摸左耳上方,太阳穴凹了进去。

“Here is where Ser Burton Crakehall broke helm and head with a blow of his mace.”

“这是勃顿·克雷赫爵士用锤子砸碎头盔的地方。”

He unwound his scarf, exposing the black bruise that encircled his neck.

他解开围巾,露出脖子上的黑色淤青。

“Here the mark the manticore made at Rushing Falls.

“这是那狮身蝎尾兽纹章的骑士在急流瀑给我留的印记。

He seized a poor beekeeper and his wife, thinking they were mine,

他抓住一对可怜的养蜂人夫妇,认定都是我的人,

and let it be known far and wide that he would hang them both unless I gave myself up to him.

便到处放话除非我亲自现身,否则便绞死他们俩。

When I did he hanged them anyway, and me on the gibbet between them.”

等我去了那儿,他还是绞死了他们,并把我吊在他们中间。”

He lifted a finger to the raw red pit of his eye.

他提起一根手指,指着眼眶鲜红的洞。

“Here is where the Mountain thrust his dirk through my visor.”

“魔山的匕首刺进面罩缝隙。”

A weary smile brushed his lips.

疲惫的微笑在他唇间掠过。

“That’s thrice I have died at the hands of House Clegane.

“我在克里冈家的人手上死了三次,

You would think that I might have learned …”

也许该学乖……”

It was a jest, Arya knew, but Thoros did not laugh.

这是个玩笑,艾莉亚知道,但索罗斯没笑。

He put a hand on Lord Beric’s shoulder.

他一只手搭到贝里伯爵肩头,

“Best not to dwell on it.”

“别想这些。”

“Can I dwell on what I scarce remember?

“我还能想什么?

I held a castle on the Marches once, and there was a woman I was pledged to marry,

记得曾在边疆地拥有一座城堡,有个情人等我回去,

but I could not find that castle today, nor tell you the color of that woman’s hair.

但我已记不得城堡的确切位置,回忆不出情人头发的颜色。

Who knighted me, old friend?

是谁封我为骑士,老朋友?

What were my favorite foods?

我最喜欢吃什么?

It all fades.

一切都已淡去。

Sometimes I think I was born on the bloody grass in that grove of ash, with the taste of fire in my mouth and a hole in my chest.

有时我觉得自己乃是在岑树林中染血的草地上诞生,嘴里是火的味道,胸口则有个洞,

Are you my mother, Thoros?”

而你是我的母亲,索罗斯……”

Arya stared at the Myrish priest, all shaggy hair and pink rags and bits of old armor.

艾莉亚注视着密尔僧侣,对方头发蓬乱,穿着破烂的淡红长袍与零落的旧铠甲,

Grey stubble covered his cheeks and the sagging skin beneath his chin.

脸颊布满灰色胡茬,下巴皮肤松垂。

He did not look much like the wizards in Old Nan’s stories, but even so …

他不像老奶妈故事里的巫师,可是……

“Could you bring back a man without a head?”

“你能复活没有脑袋的人吗?”

Arya asked.

艾莉亚问,

“Just the once, not six times.

“就一次,不用六次,

Could you?”

可以吗?”

“I have no magic, child. Only prayers.

“我不懂魔法,孩子,只会祈祷。

That first time, his lordship had a hole right through him and blood in his mouth, I knew there was no hope.

第一次,大人身上穿了个洞,嘴里满是鲜血,我知道没希望了。

So when his poor torn chest stopped moving, I gave him the good god’s own kiss to send him on his way.

因此,当他撕裂的胸膛停止跳动后,我给予他仁慈的神吻,送他上路——

I filled my mouth with fire and breathed the flames inside him, down his throat to lungs and heart and soul.

用火填满嘴巴,吹入人体内,通过咽喉、肺部和心脏,直达灵魂。

The last kiss it is called, and many a time I saw the old priests bestow it on the Lord’s servants as they died.

这被称为‘最后之吻’,从前当真主的仆人死去时,我多次见老僧侣给予他们这‘最后之吻’。

I had given it a time or two myself, as all priests must.

我自己也施行过一两次,这是所有红袍僧必须掌握的技能。

But never before had I felt a dead man shudder as the fire filled him, nor seen his eyes come open.

但我从没见过火焰注入尸体能让死人开始颤抖,乃至双目睁开。

It was not me who raised him, my lady.

并非我复活了他,小姐,

It was the Lord.

这是真主的神力。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
shoulder ['ʃəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 肩膀,肩部
v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩

 
jest [dʒest]

想一想再看

n. 说笑,玩笑 v. 开玩笑

联想记忆
grove [grəuv]

想一想再看

n. 小树林,果树园

联想记忆
mace [meis]

想一想再看

n. 钉头槌,狼牙棒 n. 权标,执权标者 vt. 向

联想记忆
castle ['kɑ:sl]

想一想再看

n. 城堡
v. 置于城堡中,(棋)移动王车易

 
reckless ['reklis]

想一想再看

adj. 不计后果的,大意的,鲁莽的

联想记忆
instrument ['instrumənt]

想一想再看

n. 乐器,工具,仪器,器械

联想记忆
reluctantly

想一想再看

adv. 嫌恶地;不情愿地

 
scarf [skɑ:f]

想一想再看

n. 围巾

联想记忆
weary ['wiəri]

想一想再看

adj. 疲倦的,厌烦的
v. 疲倦,厌烦,生

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。