文本:
EDWARD GREEN: Hello, my name is Edward Green. I would like to speak to Mr. Smith, please.
爱德华.格林:你好,我是爱德华.格林。请史密斯先生接电话。
SMITH'S SECRETARY: I am sorry, but Mr.Smith isn't available.
史密斯的秘书:对不起,史密斯先生现在不在。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I'll ring back. Does Mr. Smith have a direct line?
爱德华.格林:那好吧。我再打过来。史密斯先生有直线电话吗?
SMITH'S SECRETARY: I'm sorry but the number is confidential.
史密斯的秘书:对不起,号码保密。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay. Thank you.
爱德华.格林:好的。谢谢。
JENNY ROSS:It's very difficult to speak to Mr. Smith.
詹妮.罗斯:想跟史密斯先生通电话真难。
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, I know.
爱德华.格林:是啊,我知道。
NOVO RECEPTIONIST: Good morning, RUYJ Advertising.
NOVO 接待员:早上好, RUYJ 广告公司。
DON BRADLEY: Good morning. This is Don Bradley. Can I talk to Phil Watson, please?
堂.布拉德利:早上好。我是堂.布拉德利。请菲尔.沃森接电话?
NOVO RECEPTIONIST: What company are you from please?
NOVO 接待员:您是哪家公司的?
DON BRADLEY: Bibury Systems.
堂.布拉德利:Bibury系统公司。
NOVO RECEPTIONIST: I'll put you through.
NOVO 接待员:我给您转过去。
DAVE Phil Watson's phone.
戴夫菲尔.沃森的电话。
DON BRADLEY: Good morning. Can I talk to Phil, please?
堂.布拉德利:早上好。请菲尔听电话
DAVE: Can I ask who's calling please?
戴夫:能问一下您是哪位吗?
DON BRADLEY: Don Bradley from Bibury Systems.
堂.布拉德利: Bibury系统公司的堂.布拉德利。
DAVE: Well, Mr. Bradley, I'm afraid Phil's not in the office at the moment.(He is not here right now./He is not available right now.)
戴夫:哦,布拉德利先生,菲尔目前不在办公室。
Can I take a message or would you like to ring him on his mobile (cell)phone?
让我给他捎信还是您打他的移动电话?
DON BRADLEY: I'll try his mobile. Can I have the number please?
堂.布拉德利:我还是打他的移动电话吧。请问号码是多少?
DAVE: 0802 54377
戴夫:0802 54377
DON BRADLEY: Just let me check that. Zero eight zero two five four three double seven.
堂.布拉德利:让我对一下。0802 54377。
DAVE: That's it.
戴夫:对。
DON BRADLEY: Thanks.
堂.布拉德利:谢谢。
PHIL WATSON: Hello. Phil Watson.
菲尔.沃森: 你好。菲尔.沃森。
DON BRADLEY: Hello. Phil, this is Don Bradley.
堂.布拉德利:你好。菲尔,我是堂.布拉德利。
PHIL WATSON: Hello, Don. Sorry to keep you waiting. How are you?
菲尔.沃森: 你好, 堂。抱歉让你久等。你身体好吗?
DON BRADLEY: I'm fine, thanks. Can we meet? We have a new product and I want you to see it.
堂.布拉德利:好,谢谢。我们能见个面吗?我们有了新产品,我希望你看一下。
讲解:
1.Hello, my name is Edward Green. I would like to speak to Mr. Smith, please.
这一句是给人打电话时自报家门的话。然后要说清楚找谁。可以按照上述说法,也可以说:"Can I speak to Mr. Smith?"或"Is Mr. Smith there?""Can I talk to Phil Watson, please?"
2.I am sorry, but Mr.Smith isn't available.
打电话要找的人不在时这样说。也可以说:"Sorry,he is not here.""He is not in."
3.What company are you from please?
询问别人是属于哪个公司的。一般情况下如果你打电话过去,一定要先说清楚自己是哪个公司的,这样让别人感到比较清晰明朗。
4.I'll put you through.
这是转接电话时的用语。
5.Can I ask who's calling please?
询问是谁在打电话。也可以直接问:"Who is that,please?"
6.Can I take a message or would you like to ring him on his mobile (cell)phone?
留口信可以用take a message来表示。或者如果当事人不介意的话可以说出他的手机号码或者直线电话。比如前面:I'm sorry but the number is confidential.电话是保密的 ,这样就只能take a message或者ring back了。
7.Just let me check that.
别人报给你电话号码时一定要核对一遍,确保万无一失。
8.Sorry to keep you waiting. How are you?
让别人久等时一定要说这一句表示道歉。