Woman: Could you tell us how you started with Hacker?
女:能给我们讲讲你是怎么创建的骇客公司吗?
Man: I got into Hacker almost by accident.
男:我几乎是偶然间进入骇客公司的。
I was chief executive of a meat trading firm called FMC Harris, which was subject to a hostile take-over.
我曾是一家名为FMC哈里斯的肉类贸易公司首席执行官,这家公司遭到恶意收购。
At 9am one morning my boss was fired, and by 9.10am I was out too.
一天早上九点钟,我的老板被解雇了。
I spent eight weeks with no job, a wife and children to support, and a house to pay for.
到九点十分时,我也被解雇了。我失业了八周,我要养活妻子和孩子,还要还房贷。
Then I was approached by Hacker to set up a UK branch for them.
后来,骇客公司联系我,他们想设立一家英国分公司。
I was reluctant at first, but after a trip to Hacker's headquarters in the US to discuss it, I was chasing them!
起初我很不情愿去做,但在去了美国总部和他们讨论之后,我努力和他们合作!
Woman: It's a big company. Who do you actually work with on a daily basis?
女:这是一家大公司,你每天都和谁一起工作呢?
Man: The rest of the management team arrives at around 9am.
男:管理层的其他人大约上午9点到公司。
I work closely with a team of six, including my PA, Alice Lang.
我和一个六人团队紧密合作,成员包括项目助理艾丽斯·郎。
She is an integral part of the management system. I was lucky to find her, as it's almost impossible to find the right person for the job.
她是管理层不可或缺的一部分。我很幸运能找到她,因为几乎找不到适合这份工作的人。
The ideal employee is someone who is willing to work hard and someone who can adapt to the way we work.
理想的员工是一位愿意努力工作的人,同时还能够适应我们的工作方式。
Woman: Uh-huh. Right, so let's get you up to lunch-time.
女:嗯。好吧,我们来聊聊你的午餐时间吧。
After your early start, you must be ready for lunch quite early, too.
你那么早起床,午餐也一定很早就吃了吧。
Man: Yes, though the actual time varies from day to day.
男:是的,虽然实际午餐时间每天都不一样。
I try to avoid business lunches because I still have the afternoon ahead to contend with.
但我尽量避免吃商务餐,因为我还有整个下午要应付。
I don't enjoy lengthy meals. So I usually just have a sandwich in the office with Alice.
我不喜欢花很长时间吃午餐,所以我通常和艾丽斯在办公室吃三明治。