Actually, it’s those of us without cars that might have a problem.
另外,对于我们之中没有车的人来说,还会面临一个问题。
I don’t think there is much of a bus service. It’s something the company will have to look at.
我认为那里不会有太多的公共汽车,这是公司必须要考虑的问题。
Woman: And what about shops? A lot of staff like going to the shops in the lunch hour.
女:那商店呢?很多员工喜欢在午餐时间去商店。
Man: Well there are definitely some in Kenton.
男:肯顿肯定会有商店的。
Woman:Good!
女:太棒了!
Man:Actually, Fiona, there is one other rather interesting thing about this move.
男:实际上,菲奥娜,就这次搬家,还有另一个相当有趣的事情。
A lot of people are going over to new working contracts.
那就是许多人开始接受新的工作合同。
Woman: What! And what does that mean exactly? Does it mean we all lose our permanent contracts?
女:什么!这到底意味着什么?是否意味着我们都将失去永久合同?
Man: It doesn’t, actually. In this case it means people can set up a sort of office in their home if their work is suitable.
男:其实并不会。在这种情况下,这意味着如果工作允许,人们可以在家里办公
Woman: Uh huh. So it doesn't mean we have to work longer hours, or something?
女:哦哦,所以这并不意味着我们必须工作更长时间,或者其他什么?
Man: I don’t think so.
男:是的。
Woman: John, you seem to know a lot about it. Are you in charge of arranging everything?
女:约翰,你好像知道很多。你负责安排一切事务吗?
Man: I’m very happy to tell you it’s someone else’ s job. All I’ve got to do is inform people about the move ...
男:我很高兴告诉你这是别人的工作,我所要做的就是通知大家搬家的事……
"Woman: Mmm - you’re doing very well.
女:嗯——那你做得很好。
Man:. . . except questions about contracts, hours and so on, of course.
男:……当然!不过除了合同和工作时间等问题。
Woman:Well, the Personnel Department does that, don’t they?
女:嗯,那是人事部门的工作,不是吗?
Man: Exactly. And now I must get on ...
男:没错。现在我必须继续……