What's going on with you lately? You seem so distracted. Like you aren't really listening to anything I say.
你最近怎么样了?你看起来心烦意乱。好像你根本没在听我说什么。
I know. I'm sorry. I can't seem to focus on anything, because I still haven't decided if I should accept the offer for that Ph. D. program in London,
我知道。我很抱歉。我似乎不能把精力集中在任何事情上,因为我还没有决定是接受伦敦的那个博士学位课程,
or if I should take the job offer in New York.
还是接受纽约的那个工作机会。
Look, it's a tough decision, but you're running out of time, aren't you?
听着,这是个艰难的决定,但你的时间不多了,不是吗?
I thought you said the company expected an answer by the end of the month.
我记得你说过公司希望月底前得到答复。
Actually, it's the beginning of next month for the job,
实际上,是下个月初前得到答复,
but the university needs a decision by the end of the week. So I have to act quickly.
但学校需要在周末前做出决定。所以我必须迅速做出决定。
You definitely need advice for the important decision like this.
像这样重要的决定你肯定需要建议。
So who have you talked to about it? What does your family think? Any adviser for your Master's program?
你跟谁谈过这件事?你的家人怎么想?你的硕士导师怎么给你建议的?
I've asked their advice and that's part of the problem.
我征求了他们的意见,这是问题的一部分。
My parents want me to get a degree, but my advisor thinks it's time for me to get more work experience.
我的父母希望我获得学位,但我的导师认为是时候让我获得更多的工作经验了。
What do you mean by part of the problem? Oh, wait, it's your girlfriend, isn't it?
你说的部分问题是什么意思?噢,等等,是你女朋友,对吧?
You've been dating since your first year of university, so that six years now.
你从大学一年级就开始约会了,所以现在已经六年了。
She must have an opinion about all this. I mean isn't it time for you to think about getting married?
她一定对这一切有自己的看法。我是说,现在不是你考虑结婚的时候吗?
Well, I do want to get married, but she thinks we need to wait until we've launched our careers.
嗯,我确实想结婚,但她认为我们需要等到事业有成后再结婚。
Plus, she's not sure what she'll be doing next year. She's considering a job in England and one in Australia.
另外,她也不知道明年要做什么。她正在考虑在英国和澳大利亚各找一份工作。
And her parents are pushing for the latter.
她的父母打算让她在澳大利亚找一份工作。
Questions 12 to 15 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据刚才所听对话回答12-15题。
Question 12. Why does the man seem to be distracted?
问题12:为什么这位男士看起来心不在焉的?
Question 13. What does the woman say the man should do?
问题13:根据这位女士所言,这位男士应该做什么?
Question 14. What does the man say is part of his problem?
问题14:根据这位男士所言,他的部分问题是指什么?
Question 15. Why doesn't the man's girlfriend agree to get married right now?
问题15:为什么这位男士的女朋友不同意现在就结婚?