Kangkang:Hi, Maria! I haven't seen you for a long time. You took part in some volunteer activities during the summer holidays, didn't you?
康康:嗨,玛丽亚!我很久没有见到你了。你暑假参加了一些志愿活动,对吗?
Maria:Yes. I was a volunteer in a disabled children's home.
玛丽亚:是的。我在残疾小孩的家里当志愿者。
Kangkang:Cool! Did you ever told stories to the disabled children?
康康:太棒了!你给残疾小孩讲故事了吗?
Maria:Yes, I did.
玛丽亚:讲了。
Kangkang:Did you feed them?
康康:你喂他们吃饭吗?
Maria:No, I didn't. But I cooked for them.
玛丽亚:不,我没有。不过我给他们做饭了。
Kangkang:What a wonderful experience!
康康:这种经历太好了!
Maria:Yes, it really was. I've learnt a lot from it. I think it makes me happy to help others.
玛丽亚:是的,确实。我从中学到了很多。我觉得帮助别人让我很快乐。
Kangkang:How interesting! Have you been to any other place?
康康:多有趣啊!你去过其他地方吗?
Maria:No, I haven't. Though I had no time to travel, I still felt very happy. What about you?
玛丽亚:没有。虽然我没有时间去旅行,我依然觉得很快乐。你呢?
Kangkang:You're so kind. I have been to an English summer school. I made some new friends there. We also put on funny shows for a group of old people in a community.
康康:你真善良。我去了暑期英语学校。我在那里交了一些朋友。我们还给社区的一群老人表演好笑的节目。
Maria:Great! To help others makes us happy.
玛丽亚:很好!帮助别人能让我们感到很快乐。