Maria:What are you reading, Jane?
马丽亚:你在读什么,简?
Jane:I'm reading a newspaper from Canada. Martin showed me an interesting article. It is about a program that helps homeless people.
简:我在读一份加拿大的报纸。马丁给我看了一篇很有趣的文章。那是关于一个帮助无家可归的人的项目。
Maria:Are there homeless people in Canada?
马丽亚:加拿大有无家可归的人吗?
Jane:Oh, yes! Many countries has homeless people. The article says one city has a wonderful program. Since it started, it has helped hundreds of people return to work and live a normal life.
简:哦,有!很多国家都有无家可归的人。这篇文章说有座城市有一个很棒的项目。自它成立以来,已经帮助数百人恢复工作,过上了正常的生活。
Maria:That sounds great! How do they manage it?
马丽亚:那听起来很不错呀!他们是怎么做到的?
Jane:Well, once they find people in need, they decide on suitable ways to offer them help.
简:嗯,如果他们找到了需要帮助的人,他们会想出合适的方法来提供帮助。
Maria:Can the homeless people get enough food, homes and medical treatment?
马丽亚:无家可归的人们有食物、家和医疗服务吗?
Jane:Yes. And it's not only that. The program also provides them with job training so that they can find jobs again.
简:有。而且还不止这些。这个项目还给他们提供培训,以便他们能再次找到工作。
Maria:I think it is important for these people to feel good about themselves.
马丽亚:我觉得这些人能有自信是很重要的。
Jane:You are right. The world has changed for the better.
简:是的。世界变得越来越好。