(Jane is talking with her father before he goes to Cuba.)
(简在她爸爸出发去古巴之前跟他聊天。)
Jane:Dad, why are you packing your bags?
简:爸爸,你为什么在打包行李呀?
Father:I'm going to Cuba on business tonight. Here you seen my passport?
父亲:我今晚要去古巴出差。你看到我的护照了吗?
Jane:It's in your night table. Dad, is English spoken as the official language in Cuba?
简:在你的床头柜上。爸爸,古巴的官方语言是英语吗?
Father:No, Spanish is spoken as the official language there.
父亲:不是,西班牙语是官方语言。
Jane:Is Spanish similar to English?
简:西班牙语跟英语很像吗?
Father:Not really. Perhaps a few words are the same.
父亲:不太像。可能有些单词是一样的。
Jane:Oh, I see. Is it possible for you to have trouble communicating?
简:哦,我知道了。你的交流会有问题吗?
Father:Yes. I don't think I will have any long conversations in Spanish. If necessary, I'll ask an interpreter for help.
父亲:有。我应该不会用西班牙语进行长对话。如果有需要,我会向翻译求助。
Jane:Will the interpreter explain to you the culture of the country?
简:翻译会跟你解释那个国家的文化吗?
Father:Of course. Understanding the language and the culture can help me work well.
父亲:当然。了解语言和文化有助于我的工作。
Jane:Have a good trip. I wish you success!
简:旅途愉快。祝你成功!