A letter from a penfriend
一封来自笔友的信
2 Middle Street. Walker. Newcastle. NE 6 4BY. England. UK
中街2号,沃克,纽卡斯尔,NE6 4BY,伦敦,英国
30 August
8月30日
Dear May
亲爱的梅
I saw your name in Penfriends magazine, and I would like to be your penfriend.
我从笔友杂志上看见你的名字,我想成为你的笔友。
First, I will tell you something about myself.
我先来讲一讲有关我自己的情况。
My name is Jonathan Chen. You can call me Jon.
我叫乔纳森·陈,你可以称呼我,乔恩。
I am twelve years old, and I am about one and a half metres tall.
我今年12岁,身高一米五左右。
I have very short black hair. My hobby is playing chess.
我有一头黑色的短发,我的业余爱好是下国际象棋。
I live with my parents in the UK. They are from Shanghai. We live in a small house.
我和父母住在英国,他们来自上海。我们住在一个小房子里。
My dad owns a Chinese restaurant nearby and my mum works in a college.
我爸爸在我家附近经营一家中式餐厅,我妈妈在大学工作。
I have a brother. His name is Willie. He is at university in London.
我有一个兄弟,他叫威利,他在伦敦上大学。
He is studying to be an accountant. He comes back home during the holidays.
他学习很努力,将来想成为一名会计。他在假期期间回家。
How many people are there in your family? What do they do?
你家有几口人?他们是做什么工作的?
I am in Year 7 at Walker School. It is near my house, and I can walk to school.
我在沃克学校读7年级。学校就在我家附近,我可以步行上学。
I like my school because the teachers are very friendly.
我喜欢我的学校,因为那里的老师很友善。
I am keen on sports. I enjoy skiing and playing table tennis.
我很喜欢运动,喜欢滑雪和打乒乓球。
My best subject is Physics.
我最擅长的科目是物理。
My ambition is to be an architect, or maybe an engineer.
我的志向是成为一名建筑师,也可能是工程师。
I enclosed a photo of myself and some of my school friends.
我随信附上我的单人照,还有一些同学照。
I am in the middle. I also enclosed a photo of our school. It is beautiful, isn't it?
我站在中间。我还附上一张学校的照片。学校很漂亮,不是吗?
I hope you will write to me soon and tell me all about yourself.
我希望你尽快给我回信,告诉我你所有的情况。
Yours sincerely
致上
Jon
乔恩