Students see stars in Hollywood!
学生们在好莱坞看到明星!
Julia Carter and Roddy Wang, students from Sunshine International School, had the time of their lives during their recent visit to Hollywood.
茱莉亚·卡特和罗迪·王是来自阳光国际学校的两名学生,他们最近去参观了好莱坞,这让他们高兴极了。
Philip interviewed them and wrote an article about the visit for Youth Post.
菲利普采访了他们,并就这次参观为《青年邮报》写了一篇文章。
'The tour of the Movie Park was the highlight of our visit to Hollywood,' said Julia.
“电影公园之旅是这次参观好莱坞最精彩的部分,”茱莉亚说。
'The Movie Park is both an amusement park and a film studio.'
“电影公园既是主题公园也是电影工作室。”
'Tourists go there for pleasure, and film crews go there to shoot films,' Roddy explained.
“游客们到那里是为了消遣,电影工作人员到那里是为了拍摄电影,”罗迪解释道。
I asked them which attractions they liked best, Julia said that the Dinosaur Jungle was her favourite.
我问他们最喜欢哪个场景,茱莉亚说“恐龙丛林”是她最喜欢的。
'We took a car into the place,' said Julia.
“我们坐车去的那个地方,”茱莉亚说。
'It was hot and humid, and really smelt like a jungle.
那里又热又湿,味道真得很像丛林里。
We saw some cute little baby dinosaurs and then a big one came and chased us.
我们看到一些可爱的恐龙幼仔,后面就跟着一只大恐龙,并且还追逐我们。
I knew it was only a model, but it looked very real!
我知道那只是个模型,但看起来非常真实!
I almost jumped out of my skin when the dinosaur roared at us!'
当那只恐龙向我们吼叫的时候,我几乎吓得魂不附体。
Roddy was impressed by the Great Wave attraction.
罗迪印象最深的是“巨浪”的场景。
'It was really awesome,' said Hoddy, 'Everything was peaceful.
“那真是让人惊叹,”罗迪说,“一切都很平静。
Then suddenly we saw a huge wave coming towards us.
突然我们看见一阵巨浪向我们扑来。
There was a terrific noise and the wave seemed to crash over the top of our car.
还有逼真的噪音,大浪似乎在车顶上散开了。
The car shook violently but we didn't get wet at all!
汽车剧烈地晃动着但是我们根本没有湿!
The special effects were so great. I don't know how they did it.'
特效真的很棒。我不知道他们是如何做到的。”
I asked them whether they saw any famous stars.
我问他们是否见过明星。
"Yes, we did, but we had some more exciting experiences than that.
“是的,看到过。但是我们还有比这更令人激动的经历。
We visited a film set. We saw a crew filming a scene,' Roddy said.
我们参观了一个电影背景。我们看到一个摄制组正在拍摄一个镜头,”罗迪说道。
'They were shooting a scene showing some students in a school.
“他们正在拍摄学校里一群学生的镜头。
They needed some extras for the scene.
在这个镜头里,他们需要一些临时演员。
The director asked us whether we wanted to be in the film.
导演问我们是否想加入这部电影。
To cut a long story short, the director selected me.'
简而言之,导演选择了我。”
Julia, whose ambition is to be an actress, admitted that she was green with envy!
茱莉亚的梦想是当一名演员,她承认当时她妒忌死了!
At the end of the interview, I asked Roddy if he enjoyed working as an extra.
采访的最后,我问了罗迪是否喜欢当临时演员。
He told me that it was a piece of cake for him and he really wanted to be a director.
他告诉我这对他来说只是小菜一碟,他真正想做的是想成为一名导演。