Yeah, that's a thought.
这倒是个好主意。
Nobody seems to have any sensible ambition. It's all fun and play.
这些孩子中没人有什么抱负,整天不是寻开心就是玩游戏。
How can I teach children like that? What can I teach them?
这样的孩子我怎么教?教他们什么?
English. Of course.
教英语呀。那是当然的。
Singing, dancing, cooking...
唱歌、跳舞、烹饪……
Cooking? ... I must say I expected to see a much older man.
烹饪?……没想到这种话会从你这么年轻的人嘴里说出来。
Well. Thank you. Not at all.
呃,谢谢夸奖。别客气。
The question is: Shall you stay or shall you go back to San Francisco? Yes.
问题是你究竟是留在这儿,还是回旧金山?是的。
The answer is: Go back while the going's good. Why?
我给你的回答是:趁你还来得及,回去吧。为什么?
You're too good for a town like this. I am not!
你太好了,不适合我们这样的镇子。你胡说!
Too young and too intelligent. Youth and intelligence need excitement.
太年轻,太聪明。青春和才智需要令人激动、兴奋的生活。
There are kinds of excitement.
令人兴奋的生活多种多样。
Yes, there are. You need the big-city kind.
是的,你需要大城市的那种。
There isn't an eligible bachelor in town.
再说,这地方也没有适合你的单身汉。
You seem to think all I want is to find a husband.
你似乎以为我只是想找个丈夫。
(She sits almost angrily in the chair and speaks very softly.)
(她近乎生气地坐在椅子上,轻声地说。)
I'd like a haircut if you don't mind, Mr. Van Dusen.
范杜森先生,请给我剪个短发。
You'll have to get that in San Francisco, I'm afraid.
对不起,恐怕你得回旧金山去剪了。
Why? Aren't you a barber? I am.
为什么?难道你不是理发师?我是。
Well, this is your shop. It's open for business.
那好,这是你的理发店,现在正在营业,
I'm a customer. I've got money. I want a poodle haircut.
我是顾客,而且我有钱,我要剪个鬈毛狗那样的短发。