Well, Clark, I haven't seen you for a long time.
喂,克拉克,好久不见了。
I'm just passing through, Harry. Thought I might run into Clay here.
哈里,我路过这儿,以为没准能碰到克莱。
He was here a little while ago.
他刚才还在这里呢。
How is he? He's fine, Clark.
他还好吗?挺好的,克拉克。
I've been working in Salinas. Got a ride down in a truck.
我在萨利纳斯上班,搭了辆卡车来的,
It's across the street now at the gasoline station.
车在马路对面的加油站。
You've been home, of course? No, I haven't. Oh?
肯定回过家了吧?没有。是吗?
I've left Fay, Harry.
哈里,我离开费伊了。
You got time for a haircut, Clark?
有时间剪发吗,克拉克?
No, thanks, Harry. I've got to go back to Salinas on that truck.
不了,谢谢。我得乘那辆卡车回萨利纳斯。
Clay's somewhere on the beach.
克莱这会儿在海滩上呢。
(Handing Harry three ten-dollar bills)
(交给哈里三张十美元的钞票)
Give him this, will you? Thirty dollars. Don't tell him I gave it to you.
把这交给克莱,好吗?30美元。别说是我给你的。
Why not?
为什么不告诉他?
I'd rather he didn't know I was around. Is he all right?
我不想让他知道我来过。他没事吧?
Sure, Clark. They're all OK. I mean...
当然没事,他们都没事。我的意思是……
Tell him to take the money home to his mother. (He picks up the newspaper.)
叫他把钱带回家,给他妈妈。(他拿起那份报纸。)
Sure, Clark. It came out this morning. Take it along.
放心吧,克拉克。报纸是今天刚出的,带走吧。
Thanks. (He puts the paper in his pocket.) How've things been going with you, Harry?
谢谢。(他把报纸放进衣袋。)哈里,你过得怎么样?