英语有三种语气,即陈述语气、祈使语气和虚拟语气。陈述语气用于陈述事实、提出看法或问题等,祈使语气用于表示请求、命令或警告等,虚拟语气则表示假想或主观愿望。
一、陈述语气
He was brought up by his aunt.
他是由他姑姑带大的。
He was killed by a grenade.
他是被手榴弹炸死的。
She might be able to help us. 她有可能帮我们的忙。
You should be able to understand this. 你应当能理解这一点。
The President addressed the nation. 总统对全国发表演说。
She saw the president get off the plane. 她看到总统走下飞机。
Latin is a classical language. 拉丁语是古罗马的语言。
二、祈使语气
Don't speak so loud. 讲话不要这样大声。
Don't talk so loudly. 不要这样大声讲话。
Please wake me at seven. 请在七点钟叫醒我。
Come between nine and ten o'clock. 在九十点之间来。
Come over here and stand by me. 过来,站在我旁边。
Please come at your earliest convenience. 请在方便的条件下尽早来。
Please accept my sincere apologies. 请接受我诚挚的歉意。
Please accept my apologies for this unfortunate incident.
发生了这件不幸的事请接受我的道歉。
三、虚拟语气
He looked at me as if I were mad. 他瞧着我仿佛我疯了似的。
He asked that he be given an opportunity to explain his case.
他请求给他机会解释他的情况。
But for your help, I wouldn't have succeeded. 要不是你帮忙,我是不会成功的。
But for the storm, we should have arrived earlier. 要不是碰上暴雨,我们是会早些到的。
You could get a better job if you spoke a foreign language.
如果你能讲外语,你可以找到好一点的工作。
We could have caught the train if we had left a little earlier.
要是我们动身稍早一点我们就能赶上火车了。
If I had thought of it would have talked to mother. 如果我想到了我都会跟妈妈讲了。
If she had been more cautious, she wouldn't have made that mistake.
如果她细心点她不会犯这个错误。