Lesson 4 Sea Stories
第四课 海洋故事
About three years ago, something terrible happened to me.
大约3年前,我身上发生了一些可怕的事。
Those six hours of terror have broken my body and soul.
那可怕的六个小时,击垮了我的身体和心灵。
You think I am a very old man - but I am not.
你以为我是一个年纪很大的人—但我不是。
It took less than a single day to change my hair from black to white.
我几乎一夜白头。
One day, my two brothers and I were coming back from the islands, our boat full of fish.
一天,我和两个兄弟从岛上回来,船上装满了鱼。
All at once, the sky was covered with dark clouds and in less than a minute we were in a terrible storm.
突然,天空被乌云笼罩,刹那间,我们就卷入了可怕的暴风雨中。
An enormous wave covered our boat and my younger brother fell into the sea.
一个巨浪拍在我们的船上,而我弟弟掉进海里。
Our boat survived, and I was trying to recover when my elder brother put his mouth close to my ear,
我们的船幸免于难,我在设法修船,哥哥把嘴附到我耳边,
and screamed out the terrifying word “Whirlpool!”
大声尖叫着可怕的字—“漩涡!”
With the wind and waves we were going in the direction of the whirlpool, and nothing could save us!
在风浪的作用下,我们正朝着漩涡的方向靠近,谁也救不了我们!
It may seem strange, but at that moment, when we were on the edge of the whirlpool,
那看起来可能很奇怪,但我们在漩涡边上的瞬间,
I felt calmer than when we were moving towards it.
我感觉比我们朝它移动的时候镇定。
We went round and round, nearer and nearer to the horrible edge of the whirlpool.
我们旋转着,越来越靠近可怕的漩涡边缘。